Monday, January 14, 2013

monday motivation - primp and preen


Do you find the act of primping and preening motivating?  I do.  There is something about finding creativity in one's personal care.   What is one product that gives you that rosy cheeked glow?  Take time out today for a little primping a preening.  It is amazing when one takes care of themselves how the day and the week ahead can be all the more attractive.

I just love this painting.  Don't you think this lady looks satisfied with the results of her primping?

Thank-you to each of you for your kind thoughts and prayers in regard to my parents.  I am so happy I was able to fly down to Kentucky and thankful for my sisters and brothers there.  I will post more about my visit and the progress of my parents soon.

8 comments:

Jennifer C. Webb said...

my four year old watched her first Miss America pageant this weekend. Sparking a new interest in primping...lipstick all over her face

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

I am neither a primper or a preener! But I do love that painting! Who is the artist?

I hope you had a wonderful weekend, Patricia! xoxox

Purple Flowers said...

I am a moderate primper. It's fun!

Kwana said...

I love this painting so beautiful! I do like a good primp. Always makes me feel good.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Love the painting, and it does look like she liked to preen and primp...

I am low key on primping but I do love a bit of lipstick, and my 17 month-old daughter loves it when I will dab her lips with it. She glows with enthusiasm, so I expect she will be all about primping and preening as she grows..

Happy Monday to you,
Liz

LPC said...

Yes, I do primp and preen. It's a gradual process, in which I choose earrings, blouse, lipstick, etc. and make sure I am satisfied with the whole effect. Now, my expectations are low, so it doesn't take much, but I do it anyway:).

BRASWELL said...

I love primping + preening + that painting is divine. Keep us posted on the status of your parents. Happy Tuesday xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

pve design said...

Sandy,
The painting is called "Obra" by John Hardrick 1966.
pve