Wednesday, January 02, 2013

be doers

Certainly you have attended an event with the movers and shakers and the doers of the world, have you not?
Are you a doer?  
My sister told me last month when I shared all I had going on in my world and she said, "I am not surprised, you are a doer of the world."
 I remember years ago being so inspired by another artist and friend whose work is prolific, I made a remark to her, "How do you create all this?"  She replied, "This is what I do." I shall never forget those words.
So, if you happen to be here for the first time, this is what I do and have done.
I illustrate storefronts.


I create personalized monograms.

I absolutely adore spaces, interiors as well as exteriors.

 I lost track of how many homes I have illustrated for clients and friends.
 Don't even get me started on my love for capturing canines.  If you own a pet, then you know all about the things we do for our creatures and the unconditional love they bequeath.
I do love the color green too.
                
 I do love Park Avenue in New York, especially in the Springtime when the esplanade is all in bloom.
 I also do oils and want to do more oils because they slow me down.
Many of my works are created to be used for custom notecards.  
I do love to write notes, send letters.

Well, like I said, I guess this sums up a bit of what I do, what I create as an artist.
This year, I look forward to doing more, more artwork, more inspiration and more design.

Tell me, are you a doer, what do you do?

19 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

Love your work! When I finally move into my new shop, I'll come a'calling so you can render my storefront :)

Happy New Year to you!
Xo,
Dayka

pve design said...

Dayka,
Oh how honored I would be to capture your shop.
I know you have lots of goodies in store.
Happy New Year to you too!
pve

A Perfect Gray said...

an absolutely lovely piece, patricia. you have inspired me to be more of a doer.

my family, along with about 100 others, repaired and weatherized 12local homes on december 27 and 28.. it was the best "doing" I can think of and hope to do it again next year...

ArchitectDesign™ said...

you, my dear, are the supreme doer and put us all to shame! with your children, husband, renovations and your booming business! You constantly amaze me!

pve design said...

A Perfect Gray-
wow, love how you and 100 others joined forces to "do" for others. Now you have inspired me to do for others.
pve

Tawna said...

Beautiful oils (my first love)! I'm trying my hand at some flowers right now (new for me) and it's quite the challenge. Happy New Year!

Mademoiselle Michael Blog said...

You are so talented. I like that verse from James (need to familiarize myself with it this year)! I need to spring into action and 'do' more writing this year. :)

Jennifer C. Webb said...

always amazed by what you DO...that oil painting, wow, do MORE. Perfectly timed post....I have a lot to do. Your post giving me a little push to get it done.

The Buzz Blog said...

You also paint amazing flowers, PVE! We're doers to and our motto is "if you don't go, you won't know" so we're also movers and shakers! Wishing you a wonderful 2013 filled with beauty and joy.
xxoo
C + C

Anonymous said...

such beautiful work, I love your use of colour. Happy New Year!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love being inspired by doers like you! Love your work and spirit! Happy day!

Diane J. Reed said...

Gorgeous work! And your reminder to be a "doer" is inspiring. Too often I get caught up in worrying about whether my work will be successful (perhaps we all do this!), when really I should just focus on my main purpose: to do the artistic work with the talents I've been given. That's what gives me the greatest reward, and it's the only part that's under my control anyway. Hope you have a very blessed new year!

MJH Design Arts said...

I think I'm a doer, lately I seem to be a bit off track. And the economy issues have slowed me down....but I'm starting to reve up again.
I didn't know that you also painted oils. I love the floral still life.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Mary

Unknown said...

Your work in the blog is very nice and beautiful one.Keep update plenty of art in the blog.Thanks for sharing.

Get More Instagram Followers

BRASWELL said...

I also am a "doer". My doing is interior design ,in all forms, golly I love what I do + doing for others. Your paintings are so beautiful. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I love all that you "do". Most of what I do is for my husband and three small girls but with some added free time this year; I plan on doing some things for myself.

Jennifer said...

I am here for the first time and love your work! I'm constantly doing. Sometimes I think I need a bit more down time as well for balance.

Brooke said...

i pray to be a doer and not a watcher of others all the time. love what you "do" xo

Kwana said...

I see my oil there! It always makes me so happy and honored when I see it. What a doer you are!