Sunday, January 02, 2011

meaningful start


It is a New Year, a clean start to a brand new day.
Why not start it off with good intentions to stack things up just right.
As the New Year begins, I resolve to make it a meaningful year ahead.
I vow to look at things fully and realize that half of something can always add meaning.
Why is it that we are always looking for the whole picture or complete story?
True that two halves make a whole.

Two chairs, two friends. These chairs look as if they are ready to go for a swim or a spin.
Working and playing side by side.
It all started when I picked up a copies of these wonderful books, all about "Crafting a Meaningful Home" and making a "Clean Start." I thought how it all starts at home and then one incident or thing can take us off course and add new meaning. Rather than feeling that you made a mistake or got off on the wrong start...make this year start full of meaning. It could be a simple meal, a healthy breakfast, a new craft created with good intentions.

This year, I plan to be gentle, to add new meaning by simplifying, by starting and finishing tasks on my list. I know that my so-called life as a Mom, an artist and a friend can be meaningful with passion and purpose. I vow to start anew, refreshed and invigorated! How about you, are you off to a meaningful start?

18 comments:

Tish Jett said...

Thank you for the "push." My list is prepared and includes more abstract resolutions -- patience, less chaos with "things," hope (and a couple of secrets I need to work on, and if I succeed I can tell others, if not, try, try again).

Happy, happy new year in all the ways you wish.

As I've said, probably on many occasions, your blog is splendid and you are incredibly talented. How I wish I had even the slightest artistic talent.

Warm regards,
Tish

Bruce Barone said...

I AM.

Unknown said...

Good morning and Happy New Year!
You are so right, there is no need for the impossible, the always perfect....
I agree, we are off to a fresh start and do our best!
More patience, more joy, less stress, less fretting over the small stuff...and to stay near our goals!
Thanks for a meaningful post!

xoxo
Victoria

annechovie said...

Great resolutions! Happy New Year, Patricia! All the best to you and your family in 2011! xo

Formerly known as Frau said...

I am too!

Jessica Thor-Miller said...

Fantastic inspiration for the new year!

MT

Joyce said...

Yes one step at a time into a new beginning. Being in our home for so many month of recovery, I have a list of things I want to do around here. Hmmm... I need to put a call into Nate! xo

Gretchen O. said...

Well said...life lived with more meaning is, well, meaningful:) Happy New Year! I hope yours is off to a meaningful start:)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Cheers to a clean and organized and happy New Year!

KK

Unknown said...

Just back from a tropical respite! I, too, am aiming for a meaningful year. Here's to THAT! :)

the gardener's cottage said...

i sure hope so. i want/desire to have fun this year. i've almost forgotten how to. it will be a challenge for me but my resolve is strong.

xo
janet

24 Corners said...

Happy New Year Patricia!! I always love your motivational posts...they give the perfect, "gentle" kick one needs to stay on task (or start the task regimen). Perfection can be the enemy of progress so here's to less perfection and more accomplishments!
xo J~

Southern Lady said...

I am looking for more meaning this year as well. I am finding myself in a place of transition. Hopefully, God will lead me down the right path. May He bless you in the coming year in all that you do. Carla

Heather said...

great thoughts for the new year. i like the idea of adding meaning by simplifying...xo

Unknown said...

These sound like wonderful resolutions! I have Clean Start and have changed my cooking quite a bit, I hope you enjoy it! Much love to you in the new year!

xo Mary Jo

Renae Moore said...

Happy New Year Patricia!
Blessings to you and your family for a great 2011!
xx

Karena said...

Oh yes Patricia, and it will be an exciting and joyful year ahead!

Happy New Years!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Patricia- The New Year always does feel like a fresh start. I'll be cleaning out my studio (I hope to finally purge out the clutter I don't use!) and dreaming of new projects.

The clean eating book looks good, we've been doing tiny steps here at home. No more ice cream in the fridge this year.
Loretta