Tuesday, June 08, 2010

smart cookies

JMcLaughlin logo "Smart Cookie" party favor
On a balmy evening in New York City, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Mika at a recent book launch "All Things at Once." Lucky me to have her sign one for me and one for my dear friend. The Party was hosted by the marvelous McLaughlin's in the courtyard garden of their New York Home which marketing maven, Alison Mazzola Communications partnered to launch.

I was thrilled when the invitation arrived with my illustration in letter-press. You all know how I adore letterpress and lovely white stock. I just picked up the original artwork which I had matted and is ready to send to Mrs.McLaughlin. I finished the book and there were so many poignant moments that I could relate to as we juggle life, all things coming at us at once.
After the party, my husband and I had the chance to dine, just the two of us at a quaint New York spot. On such a warm evening, the cold poached salmon and cucumber salad tasted lovely while we chatted and watched the people walking by. (This was in May, before my "raw" pledge!)

What a smart cookie favor, just the perfect treat to bring home for my children.

Take a bite out of life each day as "All things at once" occur while we strive to balance work and family.
Cherish today, cookies and all things at once!

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Smart cookies in every sense...
I love that picture of the two of you! You both look so perfect for a spring night!
I am so glad you get the opportunity to show your talents...
Lovely invitation!
And to dine alone in the city with your hubby is worth a million bucks!

Love ~ Victoria

pve design said...

Victoria,
Yes, when we have the chance to stop "All things coming at us, at once" is to be savoured. Even though I have learned to embrace all things at once.
pve

Unknown said...

This all sounds so lovely...the book, the event, the dinner, the night and even the sweet little favor! Your lovely dress and that illustration are perfection!

pve design said...

Zhush-
Thank-you. I love that dress, I call it my "garden party fancy dress!"
pve

BonjourRomance said...

It sounds like you had a great time along with a quiet dinner for two. Your illustration is beautiful. You look lovely in your garden party dress!
Good week to you,
Mimi

Debra said...

What a wonderful evening-all the way around. With the perfect ending of dining alone with your husband! Sounds delightful! So summery, light and a pretty frock to complete the picture.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other comments, this sounds like the perfect evening. I really like your dress :)

Kwana said...

The cookies are so cute and thanks again for my book from Mika. I'm watching her right now as I type this. LOL!

Purple Flowers said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed the event. You have very close ties to the McLaughlin stores. So glad! And your garden party dress looks great; a perfect event!

pve design said...

Kwana,
Is she wearing McLaughlin?
She wears the Mclaughlin label so lovely!
pve

Unknown said...

Good morning, Ms. PVE,
You and Mika look great. You glow
even before your raw diet. Interesting person, Mika.
BarbaraG

Formerly known as Frau said...

You look beautiful...what a lovely evening and cookies too!

Unknown said...

Patricia,
The illustration is just lovely! And, how lovelier still to attend such a wonderful party and enjoy a quiet time with your husband. You demonstrate so beautifully how a woman can handle things gracefully...when they all happen at once! Because you're one smart cookie yourself!!

The Buzz Blog said...

Sounds like a perfect spring evening - love how your cookie crumbles!

Unknown said...

what a fun evening! the cookies, invitations and setting all look so delicious! any event with Alison Mazzola is sure to be fantastic :)

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love your illustration in the invite! That must have been a complete delight to see! Janell

rosiecampbell said...

I agree too. This was a perfect summer night out in the perfect dress.

Karena said...

Patricia, I cannot tell you how fabulous you look, that dress is divine. The event must have been wonderful!

Karena
Art by Karena

We Blog Artists said...

wonderful!
Hope you had a lovely time...
AND OH my, that cake is SO wonderful...you may see it on my blog next year...the girls would LOVE it!
HUGS P...
Char.x.

annechovie said...

How fun! You were looking very stylish and elegant, Patricia. xo

lisaroy said...

what a perfect summer night and a lovely event! congrats on the milestone! : )

LindsB said...

I have the perfect post about this store- I'll be posting soon- keep an eye out!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

What a great event and adorable cookie! xx

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

Sounds like such a fun evening. And you look absolutely lovely. xo xo

bentley said...

love the cookies and more importantly, the invite!