Thursday, March 13, 2008

window silhouette


I was inspired to take this photo of my kitchen window by urban grace interiors.  I have named it my "window silhouette."  Everyday, as I am in front of this window, washing my hands, preparing the meals, doing the dishes, or making a pot of tea.  I am reminded to look outside at the beauty of nature, the changing of the seasons, the dawn of a new day.  What does your window silhouette look like?  

These two love birds were a gift to my daughter last year.  They were hand carved by an artist out west and I love that they landed in our home.  I snapped this photo before they could fly away. ( no they are only wood, but they do have a real quality )

8 comments:

Kwana said...

Lovely. It's always best to take a little time to appreciate the little pleasures of life.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I love 'real' photos like this -i always tell myself I need to take more! Beautiful teapot, btw!

Cakespy said...

Those love birds are gorgeous--and so is that moment you've caught--the sun coming in...nice shots.

London Calling said...

Shadows and birds. Beauty.

Anonymous said...

Very nice and dreamy. How cool to see what you see when you are washing your dishes. Wouldn't that be fun to see people's "views". By the way...I jumped in!

Tara said...

What a great view! I could never tire of doing the dishes here!

:0)

Tara

Hazel Martin Designs said...

Good morning Patricia! Silhouettes are my new eye candy. They leave so much to the imagination. Beautiful!

design dna said...

your valentines!