Monday, March 24, 2008

un bureau

Un bureau is the linchpin of your home office. It is a place to plan projects, give birth to new ideas , and run your day to day affairs.

Un bureau provides a spot to open letters or open e-mail, pay bills and invoices, answer invitations, review mail, magazines and the countless piles.

Please send me a photo of your desk or home office. I would love to see what is on your desk. Do you have a desk and space to work on tasks? Does your space provide a creative spot, and do you feel inspired to write, to draw, or to make the latest crafty artistic project.

This week, I will be dedicating my blog to taking a challenge and setting up my desk, to tame the paper piles and soothe the savage creative beast.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. All Saturday (which was my birthday!) I spent cleaning my terrible office. I went through tax week last week and I was scared straight,like every year. It was a birthday present to myself to get it together and I feel great. Now i need some more shelving,a new task lamp.....Good luck with your paper piles!

Kwana said...

Great challenge and cute sketch. You know that's been on my mind a lot lately. Something to think about. I just got 2 cute storage cabinates for that exact reason.

London Calling said...

Getting ready to redo the old office chair. It needs it!

Mrs. Limestone said...

Love the sketch. Can't wait to see what you come up with re: desks b/c I need to set up my office and Im not quite sure how to do it effectively.

Here was my office in my last home. ( http://tinyurl.com/25err4 ) Hardly chic but so much more spacious than my new office will be (it was in the basement so I had more room to spread out). At least I'll have some natural light in the reincarnation.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful painting. I would love to say that I love my desk but at the moment I sadly don't. It feels very narrow and I dot feel able to spread out all my stuff. I am searching for a new one. But yours looks great.

pve design said...

This is so much fun, I can't wait to share all the photos that I am getting of desks!
Thanks to each of you for your comments!

Mary-Laure said...

Quel joli bureau!
As always, your drawing is lovely. I'll definitely take a pic of my bureau and send it to you!

Elizabeth said...

Once again, a very nice series. I'm sorry I got to it too late to do my own photo.

Anna Spiro said...

Wow Patricia - so many gorgeous deskscapes! Love them! Thanks for showing - they all put my desk to shame - it's in a huge mess at the moment! Maybe you've inspired me to have a clean up tomorrow!!
XX
Anna

Things That Inspire said...

What a clever idea! I have enjoyed looking at all of the desk vignettes. I am in a neverending search for a proper desk, and am using a drafting desk for my computer now...which was in the kitchen, but is now in the living room as the puppy has taken over my desk area!