Wednesday, March 12, 2008

art-work


"Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience treacherous, judgement difficult."
             -  Hippocrates (460-400 B.C)

My art-work requires work.  I face the paper each day with thoughts, scores of pictures and ideas swirl inside until they take shape.   Ingredients lie before me, water, pens, brush, paint, paper but often the recipe for the actual work is not complete until I have done the work.  Art requires work and patience, trust, and the ability to capture the thoughts that are allowed to be still.   Challenges and obstacles often present the most fear, yet they have produced some of my best work.  When I began this on-line journal, I never imagined the experience of hearts that I might be able to touch, to inspire, and to meet.  My art tells me that life is short and that I have a long road ahead of me with many incredible experiences.  I have committed myself to my work, to my hands and to my art.  Thank-you to each of you who have faith in me and my art.

10 comments:

ALL THE BEST said...

Beautiful photo Patricia!!

Kwana said...

Yes, Patricia. All think worth while requie work. It's the stuff of life. Likfe requires work and love. Thanks for all of yours.

London Calling said...

Your work and self are inspiring.

Joanna Goddard said...

you are so beautiful. this was really inspiring.

C+SK said...

What a stunningly beautiful photo! Thank you for being an incredible and inspiring artist and woman! :-)

Hazel Martin Designs said...

Patricia, Love this post! You really do inspire me! Being an artist is a scary job. Putting your WORK out there for others to judge is a difficult task some days. To have someone be so warm and welcoming is the best gift an artist can receive. It encourages the artist to put brush to canvas and to grow. So, Thank you for being so welcoming and inspiring to me.

design dna said...

gorgeous.

P.Gaye Tapp at Little Augury said...

Patricia- I love this linked within- found this through it! beautiful picture- I admire and appreciate your work each day while sitting at my desk. thanks, la

Summer is a Verb said...

Um, I wouldn't look that fabulous in a candid shot of me working if I had had a team of professionals paid to prep me! XXOO

simply seleta said...

You are seriously beautiful, friend. Plus your natural goodness just oozes from your glowing skin. Amazing picture.