Friday, March 07, 2008

pug shot

Here boy, dinner time!  Time for a new belt, a needle-point belt, collar, pillow!  I love to hand paint designs for various clients and then they go to town, one stitch at a time.  I love needlepoint and the way you can make a design come to life with yarn.  So, if you are thinking about the next project (while the one you are working on is nearing completion) call on me to paint you a little personalized diddy, dog, or one-of-a-kind design.  Makes a great gift that will keep you, literally in stitches.  My love of needlepoint began with a friend's Mother who worked at a lovely shop and I began as a young girl.   Needlepoint, Knitting, Drawing all have a special way of making me calm and crazy at the same time.  

6 comments:

Mary-Laure said...

Aaaaw, cute little pug!
Needlepoint is certainly not something I could ever master though, sigh...

pve design said...

mary-laure,
oh, give it a try and surprise yourself, if you can dance, you can so easily do needlepoint!
Some of my most favorite yarn and canvas, I purchased in Paris at a shop off the Place des Victoires! Magnifique!
patricia

Ashley said...

Wow! I have read your blog for a while (love it!) but did not realize until now you paint needlepoint canvases. My mom is a fanatical needlepointer, and a hand-painted canvas would make such a wonderful gift for her. I will have to think of the perfect subject! Thank you!

Kwana said...

What a cool idea, Patricia and a great gift for a needle pointer.

Hazel Martin Designs said...

Hi Patricia! Love the colors, love the pup, love the idea! You are so creative and nice to boot!

design dna said...

oh this gives me a million ideas! i have always loved to needlepoint but always count my own designs. it would be fantastic to have a painted canvas. it would be so much more relaxing! my favorite thing is to sit on the beach in maine under an umbrella and needlepoint. all day. with a painted canvas, i could really zen out.