Friday, March 14, 2008

window shopping

















Many of you know me by my illustrations for this American label. I have illustrated every shop over the years as they have grown from 3 to plus 40. Do you have a favorite shop, boutique or place you window shop?
What keeps you faithful, is it the product, the sales clientelle or the windows, that makes you feel like shopping? Is there a shop that calls out to you? I know I have my favorites.
Calling on you to tell me your favorite shops! Is there a favorite childhood shop?
A special shop memory? A shop you would like me to illustrate?  I love a day of window shopping.

7 comments:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

there is a j mclaughlin store about 1 block from my office here in dc and it really is a charming looking store! Have you painted that one?

pve design said...

be the change,
yes I will post that one, the Georgetown one right?
Patricia

ArchitectDesign™ said...

yes georgetown :-) I'm curious to see it!

Cakespy said...

That is so awesome!! I love these illustrations.

My Notting Hill said...

My favorite childhood shop - Nolan's Shoes - because they had a circular track with little pedal bikes on it! My favorite shop in Arlington, Va - the new Random Harvest Home on Lee Highway

Kwana said...

I have always loved these. You've captured the brand so well.

C+SK said...

Ah, I have never been in a J McLaughlin but I finally found one about 30 min away from me, in Avon, so I will need to check it out.

I love yarn stores, my favourite being in Princeton, NJ; then there are decorating stores, like Eco-Terric in Bozeman, MT; Chintz & Co in Victoria, BC - and my favourite of all, KA International (it's a Spanish franchise, with only one store in the USA - in NY, I think!)