Saturday, March 29, 2008

desk vignette - part X

























In order to protect the innocent, this desk was sent with a "do not show" - but later she replied,
"Was my desk too late?" Perhaps I will leave you guessing on this desk. I tend to work very much the same way, piles, piles that I know where everything is. I have baskets and shelves and drawers and bins, that I know where everything is too. This desk happens to be located down in the Lone Star State. Can any of you imagine who this desk might belong to? Give it an ole college try, s'il vous plait?























I think Mr. Buckley knows exactly where everything is too. I can only imagine that every little thing salvaged and saved from that office must be worth lots of money. This photo was sent to me by a lady with a great eye for design, as well as smarts. I like a man who is confident enough to work in bermuda shorts.


The weekend has arrived and I am wrapping up this series of desk vignette posts. What I have gleamed from these posts is that we all are unique, and each and every one of us has our own voice, our own style and certainly our own way or working. Some of us envision our own studio while we work from perhaps a temporary spot. However, each of us arrive to work, pajamas, or fully dressed, we all know what makes us tick. Piles are necessary for some while others strive to have an uncluttered desk. Perfection is often found in imperfection. I was unable to upload one of the best shots, one sent to me from the home office bed. I shall try again later.

14 comments:

Marnie said...

Hi Patricia - I am guessing the desk belongs to cote de texas - note my comment is on the blog not via e-mail... another step... I was so excited reading your blog this AM - I am feeling more and more connected - a beautiful day here in CT - enjoy the weekend -
marnie

pve design said...

marnie-
right you are.
thanks for your contribution - as well as the picture of the office of mr.buckley.
so excited you are now commenting here.
welcome & enjoy the day.
patricia

cotedetexas said...

Who in the world? from Texas? That office should be under Pig Stie - Part X - not office. "office" is too kind a word for that mess. Seriously though, it looks like it could have potential. Is that an antique map of Rome on the cabinet? I love those!!! And cute sconces too! I think I recognize that desk - it's actually a dining table from Pier I if I'm not mistaken. Hard to tell with all those piles of junk on top. And if I owned this office, I would paint that red cabinet black! It would be so much better. Oh well. Great series on offices.

Kwana said...

Oh Cote De Texas! I guess it too right away and noticed the lovely design and that antique map before I saw anything else. Suddenly I wanted to paint my own space a warmer color.
It if was too neat I would have immediatly disliked you! LOL.

Elizabeth said...

That man's desk looks like absolute entropy! ;)

My Notting Hill said...

Patricia - Hi. I was tagged by Carolina Eclectic so in turn, if you're interested, I'm tagging you. I followed Carolina's A - Z theme (you can see it on my 3/29 post.)

McFilibuster said...

Wow! Mr Buckley's desk looks a lot like mine! Maybe on a bigger scale, but hey, a girl cam dream!

I read your comment over at Observationmode, about teaching your daughter to sew. I applaude you! She will have a wonderful skill as she grows up.

If you are looking to buy patterns for her, I have pretty vintage girl's patterns in my Etsy shop! Dresses and pants and skirts, and even a jumpsuit!

http://www.mcfilibuster.etsy.com/

Have fun sewing!

Unknown said...

you have inspired me...i officially cleaned the piles (i know you wanted to bear witness, but i was much too embarassed) and moved my studio from the basement to my dressing room (a glorified closet with three windows). your vignettes provided me with the motivation as envy set in with each post you did. i now have a much more pleasant, less cluttered and sunnier studio. thanks all.

Jill said...

Hi Patricia,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, I'm very grateful for having Eileen in my life. Good friends are so important!

Braque68 said...

Loved the Desk Vignettes series. You have inspired Jason to get off his butt and work on creating his own think/work space. And as for me, I need to organize mine too!

Tara said...

Patricia

I need tons of organization on a desk!

I tagged you to do 7 Random Things about you...hope you'll hop by my blog to pick up the rules to play!
:0)
Tara

littlebyrd said...

Your last paragraph summed it up perfectly! I loved the "perfection is often found in imperfection" and am making that my daily mantra.

Style Court said...

What a great Buckley image.

Heather van Breda said...

Love this post/series. People's work spaces are fascinating. I like piles of stuff that only I can find anything in, myself! A method to the madness, if you will.