Sunday, April 07, 2013

sunday brunch


Here we are, on a Sunday morning and I am preparing Sunday Brunch.  We have old friends coming and we are looking forward to their company.
We had brunch often when we first met, years ago.
My table is set.
My white roses have lasted nearly 2 weeks and they will last for today as my centerpiece.
I prepared a quiche and will have a fresh green salad and some cheeses.
I wish I still had some of my banana bread I made a few days ago, but it's all gone.
I love my Simon Pearce pitcher and cutting board.
Do you do Sunday Brunch? 
 It is a nice way to slow down and savor the day.
Now, I am dashing off to see my daughter and her team play soccer.
Would you like me to share more recipes for living an artful life?
Some readers have requested that.  How does that sound?

10 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Sounds like a great time!
I'm amazed at how beautiful the white roses look! Two weeks.....
Have a great day.

pve design said...

Patty,
I cut them and change the water every day and try to keep them cool and out of the direct sun. I also talk to them and tell them I love them. Every person and every flower deserves attention and tlc.
You have a beautiful day too.
pve

LPC said...

This is a perfect table setting. Just beautiful. As long as your recipes include photos of the table settings I'm happy:).

Cheryl said...

Your table is simply beautiful. I love that. Simon Pierce. My favorite. I just read your interview on the River Arts Blog. It was wonderful!!!!

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Yes please! Like the recipe for your beautiful quiche and how to make roses last two weeks!

Looks like you're having a lovely Sunday :)

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Your Sunday brunch looks simply elegant and delicious too!
xo
annie

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I will now "talk" to my flowers!

MJH Design Arts said...

Yes, please more recipes!
I always talk to my flowers and my plants and they thrive when I do.
Happy Sunday.
Mary

Lisa Mende said...

I love it! So beautiful!

BRASWELL said...

Just getting around to seeing this Sunday post on Monday the 9th. Yes, please recipes.Have a wonderful week. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com