Sunday, April 14, 2013

smoothie sunday

Inspired by my dear friend Victoria, I welcomed my desire to increase my energy and vitality for life so I have challenged myself to be more committed to my most optimum health.  For the past year, I have watched a wonderful transformation in my friend by her dedication and passion to eating and drinking her way to good health. Yes, I eat healthy but after winter, I feel like I need to shed that winter coat for a leaner and lighter cloak for spring.

This morning I took our dog for our morning walk then came back home and created the most wonderful fruit smoothie after having a lovely glass of water with freshly squeezed lemon.  Took my walk and morning vitamins too.  As I walked, I breathed in and out and realized each of us deserve to find our best health and creative flow.  It all adds up to a smoothie Sunday.  You owe it to yourself to create peace and tranquility in your own sacred body every day, but Sunday seems like a perfect place to spend a smooth day.


15 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

Huge smoothie fans here! I always buy fruit on sale at the grocery store and toss them right into the freezer so they're smoothy-ready! How's that for a smooth-move! LOL

pve design said...

Jessica,
Hope your boys are on the road to good health and that you have a smooth sunday today and week ahead.
pve

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love it! I agree winter blah are something to be shed....the sun is shining and I think a walk is in order. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Patricia,
A great outlook! Eating and having a positive outlook makes one just a tad bit better!

Jennifer C. Webb said...

need this....after a weekend consuming cupcakes celebrating a 3rd birthday. And a Sunday that will be spent working...breath in, breath out.

Love we got a little of your Monday motivation early on Sunday

Acquired Objects said...

Recipe Patricia we need a recipe! I love smoothie's but have never made a decent one for some reason.

Enjoy your Sunday!
XXX
Debra~

Gail, northern California said...

I hope you can find the time to paint the "Miss Doris" portrait soon.

pve design said...

Gail,
Yes,"Miss Doris" awaits my focus and brush to paper~
pve

Unknown said...

Today I had kale, frozen banana, almond butter, protein powder and almond milk. I have come to love my daily smoothies.

Hope your weekend was smooth sailing!!
xoxo Elizabeth

pve design said...

Laura,
For the fruit smoothies, I use a hand held immersion blender stick. I also use if for pureed vegetable soups.
For the raw green veggies juices, I am going to get a super dooper juicer this week.
The one I have is about the kick the bucket.
pve

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

Nothing like a smoothie to start off the day! I made homemade granola this weekend for a healthy b'fast treat. I hope you had a great weekend! xoxo

pve design said...

Sandy,
My husband and daughter had granola, yogurt and berries. It was nice to see them enjoying the morning revving up their engines for a smooth soccer game.
Her team won and my husband was so happy since he is her Coach. Well there are 2 and they share the coaching.
Happy week ahead. Hope re-entry goes well.
pve

Unknown said...

Thank you, Patricia!
After my own smoothie this morning, there was no time to linger and look at my most beloved blog neighbors... Soccer Sunday!
So, just now I am reading yours!
Here is to smoothies forever!
Love ~ Victoria

BRASWELL said...

I am a smoothies drinker + thank you!
Yours looks wonderful. recipe please. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

pve design said...

I will post some smoothie recipes for everyone to enjoy.
Thanks for reading here - on a Sunday!
We had a smooth day, and a smooth win at our daughter's soccer game. The team really played well.
pve