Tuesday, April 16, 2013

delicate and complex

 I find myself in a rather "delicate condition" if you will after such sadness yesterday.  The world is so complex and to fathom the nonsense that mankind continues to struggle to live in harmony.  The above illustration was done by an eight year old artist who has inspired me over the years.  I struggled with what to post and how to share my heavy heart.  Life is fragile and then to be taken so soon gives me great pain.
It was such a beautiful day yesterday as I looked around at nature and admired the bulbs and blossoms.
There was no violation in what I observed and then the news came and it left me again realizing how delicate yet complex life is.  I picked up my daughter from track practice and when our eyes met, we both remained silent.  We were rendered helpless, wanting to do something but not knowing how.

When will we learn to co-exist and find peace on this planet?  I don't know about you but I hope we can find it soon.  Take a moment today to appreciate and observe the delicate.  
We need to find peace now in a complex world.  

artwork by Beatrix Potter


11 comments:

SHERRY HART said...

I hate to think that this generation of children have to grow up in the world. So sad.....

Cheryl said...

I am heartsick. Listening. Questioning. Grateful for the safety of those I know and love. Wondering when and how this will end. Is this as simple as some say? Or complex? Either way, something must change. Our world can not go on like this.

pve design said...

Sherry,
How can we encourage our children to trust, to be brave in this world? Perhaps the human spirit of resiliency is all we have to count on.
pve

Cheryl,
Something must change. You said it.
pve

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Our "world" here in the US has changed before my eyes! It's very hard to accept. Our safe little spot on this planet is quickly disappearing. I only hope we can find an end to the madness!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Your art work speaks volumes; I have been introduced to you by Purple Flowers and I too am an artist, but rather a "poet" in training. But I am not good enough of a poet yet to even touch on this subject. Peace to you. Anita

The Buzz Blog said...

So true, Patricia. And our hearts go out to all the families affected.
xxoo
C + C

WorthyStyle said...

I love the beautiful simplicity in the daffodils Beatrix Potter sketched/painted there. That flower has always epitomized spring for me here in Virginia. Life is so fragile and I hope we can find a way to coexist as well.

XO

Lisa Mende said...

Yes, such a beautiful post. So sad. we do need to find a way to co-exist

Jennifer C. Webb said...

this makes me want to celebrate that 8 year old artist! Beautiful. Do hope we can make this world safe for all of our children.

MJH Design Arts said...

Hi Patricia, So much pain. So hard to find meaning. Yes, life is fragile--but in the root of fragility is hidden strength.
Mary

BRASWELL said...

Such sadness falling on me today. We discussed this in my office + then took up a collection. Something will help! xxpeggybraswelldesign.com