Monday, April 08, 2013

monday motivation - new growth

 As I mentioned to you last week, I am in the midst of my web site re-design which I could not be more excited about.  Over the years, I have grown in many ways but always been committed to the spirit of living artfully.  It does require constant attention and change to keep things fresh in order to allow for new growth.

The change of seasons have always provided inspiration for my work as well as many other artists and tastemakers who left an indelible mark in my heart.

Each time I visit a local nursery or green grocer, I am lured inside to bring home something so full of life and new growth.  I think of my artwork and how it directly correlates to the anticipation of the change of seasons and how we prepare for embracing new life ahead.  The colors found in nature tempt me and I am curious as to how I can capture the freshness and intensity.

Spring is a time of "new growth." Fresh greens inspire me to eat fresh veggies and bring home green plants and create my garden.
We are anticipating warmer temperatures this week so a trip to the local nursery is on my list.  Spring is a time to de-clutter and freshen things up.
What sort of new growth has you inspired to create, to blossom and begin a fresh new start?

9 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I feel the Spring Season gives us a feeling of strong belief that all things are possible....

Unknown said...

I seem to always be evolving on the home front. New things arriving this week....new fabrics, new window treatments. All in a calming palette inspired by the ocean!!

Love the new business card and excited for the whole reveal!

xoxo Elizabeth

Woodside Park said...

Hi, Patricia -
Congrats on your new website!! Are you still working on it? It looks beautiful already, and really showcases your work perfectly. And, so professionally. I need to combine my blog with my shop's home page. That's my spring / summer project. Enjoy this wonderful weather.
Cheers,
Loi

Kwana said...

I'm loving your new logo. So clean. I also marvel at the new spring buds. They bring a smile every time I see them.

Tawna said...

Spring always does, the recent vacation with my family which reunited us with long lost friends, and seeing other creatives' work. You inspire me!

Jennifer C. Webb said...

I do love the color of spring green...this time of year seems so open to possibilities doesn't it.

CDS said...

I spend my evening water colring. :)

MJH Design Arts said...

Hi Patricia, I am so inspired by this post. I'm sprucing up my website also and am anxiously waiting to see if my tech guy can read my mind. I am so inspired by my orchids....I have had five plants sitting on my south facing kitchen window sill for almost two years. And after 6 months of seeing only beautiful healthy green leaves (and my leaving them alone except for very infrequent watering and many loving words) I have 12 blooming spikes--I feel so loved. And I love being in the kitchen with my babies.
Have a wonderful week.
Mary

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Always so inspired by your work. I've just returned from Holland where I was incredibly inspired by the landscape, the people, and, ofcourse, the tulips!