Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Into the deep


"Into the deep"- Alyson Jones Studio
 I found Alyson on Etsy a few weeks ago and she created a new business card for me.  Then as she began to show me ideas, I just knew that this gal had a penchant and a flair for art.  Artists know when another individual has a gift.  I am so honored to share this interview and share Alyson with you.  She and her partner are in the process of building a new site for web and graphic design.

How did you get involved in design?

With a background in painting, I was determined to choose an artistic direction upon entering college. I was accepted to the University of Washington's School of Design, where I majored in Industrial Design with a minor in Art History. I continued painting on the side, while I strengthened my design and marketing skills. After dabbling in numerous internships and selling commissioned paintings for a year and a half, I accepted a production art (digital photo editing) position at Nordstrom.com. After a year or so, my husband and I relocated to Utah (temporarily) where I met my future business partner. We had similar hopes for starting our own graphic and web design team. We've been working together as Stone Table Design for almost 2 years and loving every moment!



What is your favorite thing to create?

As a fantasy fanatic and technological junkie, I find both surreal painting and web design at the top of my list. They're both quite different but satisfy completely separate parts of my inner artist!


 Where do you turn for inspiration and what currently inspires you?

I derive most of my artistic inspiration from fantastical movies/books, and most of my user-interface/web design inspiration from blogs and successful sites. I am fascinated with collecting images (which Pinterest plays an enormous part of), as everything from photography to decorative packaging can inspire a new design or painting concept. I like to keep my eyes and mind open at all times.



Here is her etsy shop.



 Alyson designed these PVE logo's for me which we are currently playing around with.  Here is the "upper case" and below is the "lower case" -  The pve bird logo will be incorporated along with the final design.
Let me know your favorite?  I know you will.  

I'll also let you know when Alyson has the new site live for graphic and web design.
In the meantime you can find Alyson over here at Stone Table Design.
I just really love etsy and how creatives can connect and inspire one another.

12 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Alyson is one talented Gal!
I will be very excited to see the finished project! Both examples are great. They "represent" entirely different feelings and it's hard to judge which you would rather express.

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

Wow - she is talanted! I love the painting. Etsy is so much fun - I love supporting small artists and businesses and Etsy is a great way to do that.

As far as the business cards, I like the colors of the upper case, but I like your logo in lower case. :)

Have a great day! xoxo

Unknown said...

Great find, thanks so much for sharing, tough call on the logo...like them both, but my gut said upper...however, it's not a true test, might want to see what Sandy just mentioned above...good luck, can't wait to see final outcome.

Jessica Ryan said...

do you know what my answer would be??!!

LUCY WILLIAMS said...

i LOVE the upper case!!!!!!!

Jennifer C. Webb said...

Admire those with an eye for graphic design...both logos are fresh and clean, can't go wrong with either one. Thank you for sharing her inspirations with us.

pam {simple details} said...

I love the watercolor background, with upper case. Ha, be careful what you ask for! :)

designchic said...

I love discovering new talent on Etsy, and they are both great logos. I so associate you with lowercase lettering, but I'm not sure of that background...can't wait to see what you pick!!

Charulie said...

I L-O-V-E the lower-case design and colors and pattern.

vicki archer said...

I'm a fan of the upper case... there is something very good about the way your letters combine...

Alyson's work is fabulous... good luck with finalising... I know whatever you choose will be right... :) xv

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks so much for sharing her links. I love both logos but feel the uppercase one is more in line with your art, it's sophisticated like Carole Lombard or Myrna Lloyd.

BRASWELL said...

#2 I adore the small case lettering + the blue back ground + You are a free spirit!in your painting #2 defines that for me. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com