Wednesday, April 24, 2013

spring awakening


Every Spring, I am inspired by all the fresh produce to create beautiful salads.  I have embraced eating as much fresh, live, raw ingredients and benefits are endless.  My skin is clearer, smoother, softer.  My mental clarity feels more alive and in focus.  It all has to do with simple acts of radical self care.

Simply combine three or four ingredients to compose a salad and create your own light salad dressings using lemon, apple cider vinegar and olive oil.  Taste the fresh melange and admire the colors.  Peel Cucumbers, clean and shell fresh peas, wash and slice radishes, add fresh lettuce and herbs, and prepare a platter of Spring.

Are you inspired by all the freshness of Springtime?  Does Spring awaken your creative spirit?

11 comments:

Karena said...

Patricia,
A beautiful and healthy salad. I have pinned salads several to refer to this summer!
PS I am having a Paris Book Giveaway.
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Now I know what I'm getting for lunch today!!

home before dark said...

My only addition is: go organic as possible with veggies! Apple cider is so good for you!

pve design said...

Karen,
Thank-you for the Paris book give-away.
Enjoy pinning those healthy salads and creating them to restore your vitality and good health.
pve

Stefan,
Enjoy your lunch!
pve

Home before dark,
Yes, I try when possible to get organic and also add a bit of apple cider to my daily water and dressing.
I also love it for soaking my feet.
pve

The Buzz Blog said...

We've been mostly vegetarian for the past five weeks and we're amazed at how simple, fresh food has changed our health. The new recipes we've adopted have gotten us out of our food rut. A great salad a day is always on the menu!
xxoo
C + C

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

The salad looks so fresh and delicious! Although yesterday was more of a soup day, the salad looks perfect for today. Enjoy this sunshine! xoxo

annie@mostlovelythings said...

what a beautiful salad that absolutely looks like spring!

MJH Design Arts said...

Pure and simple--sounds so easy. Radical self-care.....
Mary

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

I so agree with you.. I have slowly moved to a plant-based diet and the more fresh fruits and veggies I eat the more energy I have. no doubt. Wish I started doing this years ago!

BRASWELL said...

Hmm that picture looks good enough to eat. I will try this one. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Brooke said...

if that tiny little salad filled me up it would be a miracle! and i'm pretty sure that the dressing i would douse all over it would cancel out any benefits of the greens! ha ha xo