Sunday, January 22, 2012

miracles


 I am reminded often by my very own 84 year Mother to never give up and to look for the wonder and joy that each day provides.  It is true that miracles do happen every day.  All we have to do is to be able to see them.  So often they are right there, before our eyes and we miss them.
Imagine waking up here, now surely each day would hold such miracles with this view.  Do you wake up and see the beauty around you.  Do you immediately find the awe in each new day?  You are beautiful.  You and your day are full of possibilities.

  Take time to look for the intricacy found in something beautiful.  It could be the voice of a loved one, a walk in nature, home made soup or perhaps a smile from a stranger.

Enjoy your Sunday.  Care to share your latest miracle?
They do happen every day.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL post - I will take this words with me today! Thank you :D

Gail, northern California said...

We had Measure A on last November's ballot that saved our County library. Yesterday the library staff threw a "Thank you"party for the community. The food committee had to call friends for donations but we didn't mind. We are a small town...a little over 4,000 residents and so many people turned out, proud of their accomplishment. In today's economy, it was a miracle we can be proud of.

This might not be what you had in mind when you asked about "miracles" but I'm still walking around with a warm glow from yesterday's get-together.

I Dream Of said...

Such lovely thoughts for a Sunday morning. Is a white ironstone pitcher filled with the palest yellow tulips too simple to count as a miracle? How I do love to find the miraculous in the simplest of things!

Happy Sunday, Patrcia!

the gardener's cottage said...

never give up on anybody. boy i needed to read that this morning.

i do look for the beauty of each day. one place i look is right here patricia.

thank you.

janet

Acquired Objects said...

I'm funny I take the smallest things as a good sign. One being a chipper bird finally coming to our feeders after only sitting above them for days. I was thrilled!

Enjoy your evening!
Debra

Jennifer C. Webb said...

A rainy Sunday nap on the sofa with my girls...a small miracle but thankful I was able to join them

Emily said...

I love little miracles. They have a ripple effect, don't they?

Thank you, for reminding us to look.

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I'm so glad I saw this before this day is over...this is just perfect in every way!
xo
annie