Thursday, January 26, 2012

go into detail

This was a commissioned work of art for a client to give as a holiday gift and the timing was tight.  I completed the work, observing all the details of the original photo and it did cross my mind that I thought perhaps the house front hand rail at the steps was a bit odd but who am I to question.  When  I sent the image of the artwork to my client she e-mailed back that the railing had been removed by the owner and her client as this was for a gift.  I immediately re-did the artwork without the hand rail at the steps and in my holiday haste, I failed to get a scan without the railing.  
As an artist, I feel that it is part of my job to capture every detail that makes the difference and if something needs to be changed then that too is part of getting it right and keeping the client happy.  
Service matters to me and I understand that life is busy and we are humans.
Point blank, details really do matter.
Getting things right are important to me.
These are the images provided to work from. I love the top image, the roof line and the inviting angle, but the image below was better to work from since it is clearer and easier to garner the lanterns and the shutters.  I love the top image of the symmetrical trees flanking left and right.
Signing off as I have a long list of details that need my full attention. 
 Be back Monday.  
Happy weekend.

22 comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

lady, you are so good!
have a great weekend.
xo

annechovie said...

I can SO relate...it's all those little details that are hard to get perfect, but we artists put some much time and sincere effort into our pieces for clients! xo

Karena said...

In your illustrations Patricia all of those little details are so special to the client! Great job!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

My Notting Hill said...

Details can be demanding sometimes. Hope all your details get wrapped up in the next few days.

kristie said...

wow looks great!

Purple Flowers said...

Beautiful illustration!

Unknown said...

You make any railing look good.
Maybe they should have put the railing back on, afterwards....
Love your attention to detail.
Hope the weekend ahead is looking wonderful!
TTYS!
xoxo

Jalon Burton said...

Beautiful! You are soooo talented. I love this type of work... you can feel the love!
Thank you for sharing.

Jennifer C. Webb said...

the difference between an artist and a working artist...keeping your clients happy. And I'm happy you share your work with us!

Joyce said...

Railings or no railings it is beautiful my friend! Sorry about the scan- maybe the client will scan it for you. Enjoy your weekend my friend!! xo

Formerly known as Frau said...

It's a gorgeous house and you really captured it! Your work is beautiful!

The Buzz Blog said...

They say that God is in the details so paying attention to them must be a good thing! We're heading into NYC to put the finishing touches on our booth at the gift show and we'll make sure the details are right. Thank you for your sweet comment today - sorry I missed the chance to see you!
xxoo

TSL said...

Love and adore.

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Your illustration is so beautiful...right down to the herringbone brick road.
Have a wonderful weekend!
xo
annie

Unknown said...

This house sketch is sheer poetry!

quintessence said...

I think we all knew you were a detail oriented artist who takes great pride in her work!!

Blue Turtle said...

Your sketch is very good. Your work is far more superior. Lovely!

Susan @ Interior Design Pro

Joanne Yordanou said...

I love your work. Haven't done the baby book yet, since the publishing world crashed, but when I do...
Great art! Great Blog! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica Ryan said...

It's fantastic!

No worries on that old email. I never followed through because of all the changes going on now in my life. When the dust settles I'll drop you a line. So lovely to meet/see you the other day and thank you so much for the beautiful notecards!

designchic said...

And your attention to detail is perfection, as always. Hope you're having a great weekend!!

debra @ 5th and state said...

it is the little things isn't it. your rendition patricia is beyond charming!
debra

Anonymous said...

Details are so important and you are a wonderful non-tempermental artist! xoxo