Wednesday, November 06, 2013

a reflective spot

 I had ordered the book AERO Beginning to now, by Thomas O Brien and when it arrived, I carefully unwrapped it and knew that it deserved time alone to lose myself in his collected style over a spot of tea.

There is a vintage quality yet a streamlined calm without being too pretentious or off putting.  His interiors are welcoming, warm and intriguing.
Over the years, I am learning that part of what inspires me are those that bring an air of grace and calm to my life.   Do you treat or reward yourself with simple treats, a new book, a cup of tea and then taking time to sit, to reflect and to look at life from another artisans eyes.  Now, I am ready to get back to work after taking a spot of tea and inspiration.

Congratulations to Andie of Divine Theatre blog on winning the Never give up pouch.

12 comments:

Karena said...

I find these quiet times so important to my sense of well being Patricia! This looks to be a very special book to curl up with.

xoxo,
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

Your photographs are stunning, Patricia! I hope you got some quiet time to enjoy your book.

xoxo

MJH Design Arts said...

I think that I need to learn to treat myself to special moments. O'Brien's new book is at the top of my Christmas list.
Wishing you a wonderful week-end.
Mary

Purple Flowers said...

Hi Patricia: I enjoy giving myself the time to sit and enjoy a hot cup of tea. In the warmer months I enjoy ice tea. Just the same, it welcomes me to quiet my mind, body and soul. This is becoming more of a ritual for me, after seeing all the fast paced cars race around me. Settling my warm hands around the tea mug, I instantly slow down.
Great subject.

Reyes said...

Hello, I saw your avatar in another blog and was intrigued by it (great photo!)and I was not surprised to find that your blog is just as lovely. Best, Reyes

LUCY WILLIAMS said...

i think i need a new book too-thx for the tip!!!!

Bruce Barone said...

Grace.

Calm.

What a beautiful post.

And, I do.

Jennifer said...

Those little rituals of calming are all too infrequent in my life these days. You have such a lovely way of expressing yourself. Enjoy your day.

BRASWELL said...

adore this book + grand post. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Jessica Ryan said...

beautiful... love the tray!!

Divine Theatre said...

I am so sorry! My modem died! Thank you so very much. I believe I will let my daughter use the puch for her writing implements so she will be reminded each time she reaches for them!

xo

Andie

Unknown said...

You have brilliant mind to make some fantastic post. I read your post and fell in love of the tea. Interior design ideas