Monday, May 02, 2011

monday mojo series 5 - guest la la lovely



(Welcome guest motivator Trina, of la la lovely)

I often get asked how I stay inspired living where I live (small town in the middle of the country). I’m not sure I always know how to answer that. Sometimes I look for inspiration but mostly it just finds me.

I know, ideally, I shouldn’t be looking for inspiration on the screen of an electronic device but I do. And I have to say, that that is where I meet some form of inspiration every day. Reading blogs has opened a whole new world to me. It’s where I meet ideas, color, words, friends, design and magic almost daily. I always see something that makes my heart skip a beat and then another thing that I put in my pocket for a rainy day.

Words are another something that I can’t get enough of. Put this way they can mean one thing and put that way they can mean another thing. Sometimes it is a short story, a quote, or quirky comment that one of my children has made. If it something that hits me, I have to write it down. And when I do, I might find a word or two of my own.

Littles always add life, even when you think you already have more than enough of it. I have {almost} four little la la’s (as I call them) and they are always adding color to my world. Something they say, something they “don’t” mean to do and of course their giggles. It’s the sound of magic in the air.

And for me, when all else fails, one of my greatest forms of inspiration is just getting outside and talking a walk. Listening to music that makes me think, clearing my mind, saying a prayer and then just being quiet and listening.

And come to think of it . . . that is probably the greatest source of inspiration for me . . . just being quiet and listening. You’ll be amazed at what you can hear when you can’t hear anything at all.

Thank-you Trina and I wish you all the best with your new (almost) four little la la lovely family!

17 comments:

Michelle said...

words to live by...I am not silent enough to hear my inner voice, which, I should.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

trina's last line is spot-on ~ great post!

kait said...

i have really been loving this "monday mojo" series! this post especially spoke to me - i agree that it may seem weird to find inspiration digitally, when we typically think of museums and nature, but blogs truly do provide a never-ending pool of inspiring, beautiful images and ideas.
love this post, love your blog :)
--kait

24 Corners said...

Reading about how others are inspired is always so inspiring...thank you Trina!
xo J~

the gardener's cottage said...

so excited to read a new blog. and if you like it then it must be cool.

la la Lovely said...

Thanks so much for letting me a part of such a great series and your spectacular blog!
x Trina

kayce hughes said...

This is a good one! How did I get my mojo?.....i have forgotten.

Purple Flowers said...

A great post filled with so much insight.

vicki archer said...

Lovely post....xv

Summer is a Verb said...

'Tis true for me too. A li'l stillness always reaps the best emotional, mental and spiritual benefits...XXOO

Crystal said...

Lovely post....:-)

The Buzz Blog said...

Tara sounds like a kindred spirit and love that with all the work she must have with 3 almost 4 little la la's that she still finds time to sit and listen...
xxoo

tasha ives said...

Beautiful insight, Trina! <3

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I love how Trina calls her children her la, la's. Her 3 are so adorable and what an woman that shares her love of life and joy. Raising 4 is exciting and for us, there was never a dull moment. I love your series Patrica, brilliant!

Cheers ~ Deb

Unknown said...

So true. Sometimes we really just need to sit still and be quiet.

I marvel at Trina's ability to juggle it all and keep it all in perspective. Love the la la lovely blog!!!

xo Elizabeth

Moments and Impressions said...

Lovely... inspires some quiet time.

Joyce said...

Oops I have to go back and read your post. I fell in love with the pup in the photo. It reminded me of my Kelly. xo