Monday, March 18, 2013

monday motivation - the push



 Last week, I tried something very motivating that I would like each of you to try. 
 I gave myself a push.  
Yes I did.

I had been busy for three weeks taking care of our daughter to get her well again and when she went back to school, I decided that I needed to really make a push to see some results.  Then I found this push pack and was wishing that something like this existed twenty years ago when I was pregnant with our twins.
I guess each of us need our own sort of push pack when we need to make something happen.
After all preparedness, persistence, perseverance are all part of what it takes to make the push.
 How incredibly clever to have this "push pack" all ready to take with you for the push!  Everything you need to stay motivated to do the work, well the labor - no pun intended.
What sort of push pack would you need to get you motivated to make something happen?  What essentials would be packed?  Can you imagine how much easier one's work would be with everything pre-packed.

This week, I am going to create my own sort of push pack to inspire you to design, create and inspire an artful life.  What would be in your push pack to motivate you?  Persist until something happens.
Now that's what I am talkin about!

10 comments:

Millie said...

A little card that said my yearly Golf Club fees have been waived - woo hoo! Nothing would get me & the new titanium knee more motivated to get back on those greens pronto.
Millie xx

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love this idea. I keep coming back to the saying, "If not now, when?" I am guessing that fear of failure is the root of all of this? I need good weather in my packet....SNOW AGAIN. Ugh.

The Buzz Blog said...

We agree with Linda - a little dose of warm weather and sunshine would give us the push we need this week. Our push motto is "finish what you start" which works for just about anything!
xxoo
C + C

pve design said...

Millie,
I know you will be back on those greens very soon!
Thinking of you. Titanium knee needs titanium clubs to go with~
pve

Linda,
Sunshine will be here and the heat and we'll soon be in the midst of Summer. Love that saying -"if not now, when?" We are big skiers so we love SNOW AGAIN!
Sorry....maybe I should not have told you about that.
pve

C + C-
Of course you ladies always finish what you start. From seed to blossom. I need some of your fertilizer! I would label it -"Get it done right"
pve

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

We all need a little "push" sometimes...and I agree with Linda, a warm sunny day would do a lot to move me in the right direction!

Take care...xoxox

Woodside Park said...

I need one of those! I've been feeling so tired since returning from our trip. Maybe it is still jet lag....and this gloomy weather is not helping. I need a vacation....somewhere warm. Plane tickets would be nice :)
Cheers
Loi

Unknown said...

That is great advice...and so easy to remember! Sometimes we just need to give ourselves a push!! In my bad, I think I'd have to have colored pens, a journal, music, a fab candle, magazine tear sheets I love, favorite photos, inspirational reading....and I could get going!

I am ready and loving Simple Abundance. If you have never read it, I highly recommend it!!
xoxo Elizabeth

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

PUSH - I love it...so clever.

I am with Millie...motiviation to get out on the golf course. Moved my clubs from the spare room into the living room just yesterday to PUSH myself :)

Weather is just getting there so no excuses!

BRASWELL said...

I love that! a push pack is what I need today. Thanks P

Dayka Robinson said...

a cache of my favorite quotes. a willy wonka & the chocolate factory dvd, a notebook with copies of my goals, a milk chocolate Dove candy bar (only 1!) and a cd (or jump drive) with some of my favorite hype music. whether i'm down and need a push, or feel like giving up and need a push, all of this will get me there. all i need to do is see a bit of light & i can push myself out the rest of the way!