Saturday, March 16, 2013

gratitude


\
"An attitude of gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world."
John Milton

Each year we host a dinner to show our gratitude for the ski coaches that give of their time and energy to our children and to us.  We are weekend family during the Winter and the early starts, the freezing weather, the snow blizzards and all keep us full of awe.  

I would like to take a moment today and thank so many of you for stopping here to visit, to leave me an e-mail or send me a question or show your support.  It means so very much to me.
You have changed my world.
Your comments about my posts, my art or all of the variety of things that I post everyday have changed me.  

I would also like to thank my parents for Sunday is my birthday and had it not been for their love, I would not be here.  They are together in a nursing home now and I think of them with gratitude for all the love they give.  Thank-you to my sisters and brothers who have been there for my parents.

I am full of gratitude.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful post Patricia, and Happy Birthday! I believe there are many who are grateful to your mom and dad!
~cheryl

Lobster Meets Peach said...

You have such a lovely way with words. Have a happy birthday Patricia!

My Notting Hill said...

And, I'm sure your parents are full of gratitude for you, too.

Happy Birthday too. You were born on St. Patrick's Day - how fun!

Katie Selvidge said...

Loving this...thank you for sharing!

A Perfect Gray said...

lovely post, patricia. thank you for blessing us with your words today. happy birthday. donna

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

Have a wonderful birthday, Patricia!! I just made the connection that you were born on St. Patrick's Day and hence, the name, Patricia.

And, thank you for brightening my days with your beautiful art and inspirational words!

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

I love your attitude of gratitude Patricia. It is contagious...you have me feeling very grateful this morning!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday and a year full of good health, happiness and joy.

Purple Flowers said...

And I am full of gratitude for having met you. You are the sun on a warm day, and even more sunshine on a cloudy day.
Happy Birthday to you my friend.

Dayka Robinson said...

dear friend, i am thankful for your and your kindness & thoughtfulness. you don't know how much you've taught me with one simple act. :)

also included a bit about you in my february round up today...