Monday, April 05, 2010

famous photos

While I was away I was able to see this wonderful exhibit here.
Eminent photographer Yousuf Karsh made a career photographing the world’s most famous actors, artists, and statesmen. During his career he held 15,312 sittings, produced more than 150,000 negatives including the most famous men and women of the twentieth century. This great portraitist’s work features iconic images of Albert Einstein, Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, Ernest Hemingway, Pablo Picasso, Mother Teresa, just to
name a few.

I loved all of the artist portraits.

10 comments:

Karena said...

Amazing photograph of Picasso venturing into other mediums!!

Karena
Art by Karena

pve design said...

Karena,
You would love the photography of Karsh.
It was a treat to see!
pve

Debra said...

Oh, I would love to see this exhibit. Was there one photograph that really pulled at your heart-strings?

pve design said...

Debra,
Most of the photographs were of another era of famous people and what "pulled at my heartstrings" was the collective loss for what seems to be a lost generation of those that made such a mark on society, Hemingway, O'Keefe, Churchill, Hepburn, Jackie O, among others.
Mr. Karsh captured them in such a powerful, timeless way. The photo of Jackie O was amazing and my daughter said, "This lady is beautiful." Yes, she was.
pve

Kwana said...

How cool. What a great exhibit.

pve design said...

Kwana,
You would love all the "Writer" photos! Do you have a good self - portrait?
pve

the NEO-traditionalist said...

What a great shot of Picasso! The look on his face is priceless. I'm dying love to see this exhibit! XO Katie

Purple Flowers said...

I simply love photography. People's eyes are most expressive when they are captured through the lens. I wonder if this exhibit will make it to NYC. Hmmm

annechovie said...

Now that is a REAL artist's portrait. I'd love to see them all. Very cool. xx

Erica Cook said...

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for the lovely comment over at Moth Design... It made me smile from ear to ear! I'm thoroughly enjoying what I see here too. Looks like you have a new follower (fan!). xo Erica

http://moth-design.blogspot.com/