Thursday, May 30, 2013

striped awnings


There is a certain charm to that of an awning.
Striped awnings certainly are chic.
Twin striped awnings, twin lanterns and twin topiaries.
I love the storefront of Timothy Corrigan.
So elegant, classical and welcoming.

 A flat striped awning seems so modern to me.
 I would love to have a ladies lunch on this porch.
Is it me or do striped awnings just seem cool?

Winners of the "pet command" -Springer Spaniel pve note cards are;
Debbie Carr
Kelly B.
I decided to select two.
Both ladies have Springer Spaniels.
Congrats to you both.  Contact me where to send the notes to!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love striped awnings. Especially black and white ones. They feel so crisp and elegant. I love our illustration!!

Glamour Drops said...

Well it's not just you, because I join you in the "Striped Awnings Are Really Cool" Club.

Have always found them charming...have often wondered why they are so appealing, something about the stripes being a bit carnivale perhaps??

Unknown said...

So excited to win the note cards. We love our springers!!! I just emailed my address. Thank you again. Debbie

CDS said...

I've always loved the idea of a yellow stripped awning! :)

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

What is more classic than a striped awning...it just screams summer! The topiaries are just added beauty. Lovely illustration, Patricia!

Have a great weekend!! xoxo

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I adore stripped awnings! Your sketch is lovely!

Karena said...

Patricia, Striped awnings are beautiful and I think really finish the look of an exterior. That extra design touch! You have captured it beautifully.

Please come and enter my giveaway from Segreto Finishes!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Striped awnings are so classic AND classy. Love the way they finish a look, especially black and white.

MJH Design Arts said...

I love stripes--and striped awnings! Love the Timothy Corrigan art. Purely Classic.
Mary

Timothy Corrigan said...

Patricia---i cannot tell you how honored i am to be included on your wonderful blog! Thank you, thank you! As you can tell, i love awning stripes...we just did a whole tented dining room in awning stripe...classic and timeless!

pve design said...

Timothy,
How honored am I to have your comment here.
I hope one day to meet you~ Thank-you for inspiring each of us.
pve