Friday, May 17, 2013

springtime apprentice

 Last year was my first foray into having a student work as my springtime apprentice.  That student is now finishing her freshman year at Columbia.  I love sharing works that inspire me of other artists and take great delight in what the students share with me.  I thought this would be a fun test.  Can you guess who painted the above work of art?
Here's a hint.  Surely you know Mr. Jeremy Fisher.

Can you guess who created this work of art?

Our local Ardsley high school has a marvelous program for students and our community.  My twins participated in this when they had the option for an internship or externship.  Now every student is required to do an externship.  You have a student work with you for 4 weeks and let me tell you, it is a win win.  I learn something new every Spring.

Have you ever thought of having a student as an intern?  I truly believe that it is up to us to share with these seniors and to teach them what we know.

7 comments:

Jennifer C. Webb said...

what a great idea...another idea (and studio tour) to borrow from your community. Real world experience during such a formative time

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Patricia, you are absolutely correct, it is a win win for all involved. I myself had 6 internships from college to Masters and beyond. Real world experience is invaluable not only for the student but for those they are working for.

Have a wonderful weekend, Elizabeth

Beadboard UpCountry said...

Lucky you Patricia!
Anapprentice and a talented one too! Sounds like a great program in your area......Maryanne xo

Gabriel S. Ignácio said...

Hello!
Such great ideia,
I like to share with people things I like and especially when people show me inspiration for them and it's new for me.
It's amazing!
Have a nice weekend,
xxo.

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

Patricia, how lovely of you to mentor an apprentice. It is so good for our children to have opportunities to experience all different aspects of work/creative life and I am sure your apprentice appreciated all your great advice.

Have a lovely weekend!! xoxo

PS..I have always loved Beatrix Potter!!

Acquired Objects said...

Patricia you couldn't be more right about the win/win situation. I've had three internships so far and I look forward to more. They really help me appreciate what I do in life and help me to see things in a new way.

XXX
Debra~

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Patricia- How talented Ms. Potter is! And how lucky the student was to work with you!

Loretta