Friday, May 03, 2013

avocado

Motivated to paint something fresh each day as part of my May challenge, I am also dedicated to eat more whole foods and eat fresh.  Avocado is one food that I love.
Have you ever heard that the avocado is referred to as God's butter?  
Well last summer, at the beach, I overheard a Mother giving a spoon full to her child and telling him it was 
"God's butter."
Avocado's are a "superfood" and so good for you.  
Great alone with a little salt and honey drizzled on top or added to salads or fresh smoothies.  
I love how they come packaged in a pretty green bowl.

8 comments:

Studio Yuko Jones said...

God's butter - i love it! i enjoy my avocados with just lemon with a little salt, or lemon with just bit of soy sauce (believe or not it's good), and toss them with fresh greens ;)

julielorusso@gmail.com said...

Pass the "butter" please!

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

Your painting just made me want to run out and buy some yummy avocados to eat this weekend!

Happy Derby Day and Cinco de Mayo - weekends in May are such fun!

xoxo

Woodside Park said...

Wonderful painting, Patricia! I love them in my salads. Have a great weekend ~ xo, Loi

The Buzz Blog said...

When we did our spring cleanse, we learned that avocados add a creaminess to smoothies and now we're addicted. We use them mashed on sandwiches, sprinkled in our salads and now for breakfast smoothies. Truly God's butter! Hope you have a wonderful Kentucky Derby weekend.
xxoo
C + C

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I never heard that term to describe avocados! It's perfect and so is your art.

MJH Design Arts said...

Yum!. I eat avocado almost every day (it's a California thing). This year's crop has been spectacular. Have a wonderful week-end creating. xoxo
Mary

Lobster Meets Peach said...

I just love avocados but I have never had one with honey. I will have to try that soon!