Wednesday, February 27, 2008

voice










A  writer must write for one and touch thousands.  They need to withdraw and to express something from deep within themselves.  They hear voices that others do not.  Listening urgently to what others cannot hear.  The process of a writer is akin to magic.  A magical friend of mine is writing and working towards a book.  Feeding and fueling a passionate desire.  I witness the arduous task and lonely road of writing and the dedication to listen to the voice.
A voice that I hear and speak to nearly every day is that of a dear and kind friend who is a writer.  Kwana writes everyday.   I am grateful to her for honoring me with my illustration as her masthead.

We met years ago and it was fate that brought us to one another.  We share so much in life.   Ordinary people on an extraordinary path, both facing the blank paper with fear, with excitement, all the while, listening to a unique voice from within.  Acknowledging her precious voice and special friendship gives me gratitude for the good and the bad each and every day.  I am grateful for her daily words.  Please take a moment to visit my friend and send her a comment.  You will be so grateful that you met a beautiful voice and her little mascot, Jack.

10 comments:

design dna said...

great design! i will click right over.

London Calling said...

Thank you for the introduction.

Style Court said...

Lovely introduction. Magical illustration Patricia.

pve design said...

design dna
thanks for your kind comments.
pve

london,
enjoy!
pve

court-
glad you liked my illustration~
pve

My Notting Hill said...

I found Kwana Writes via your blog and have really enjoyed it. Love the new color on your blog with the green lettering. It's always fun to visit to see what new color you have up.

pve design said...

my notting hill-
thanks, you must think I am so crazy - I love to change things up, new colors etc... keeps it exciting and fresh! thanks for popping in and also for visiting my dear friend kwana!
pve

Kwana said...

Thanks so much for the shout out today, Patricia. You are always such a wonderful, supportive friend.

And thank you all for visiting me. I hope you keep coming by and I hope to soon have a fun interview up with a certain super artist that we all know and love:)

katiedid said...

What a beauty of an illustration. I always enjoy seeing your latest. I am off to check on Kwana!

Mary-Laure said...

What a LOVELY masthead!

pve design said...

Ladies,
A true testament that we creative types must listen carefully to our inner voice and follow what we love!
I have great faith that Kwana will soon realize the book she is "manifesting!"
Thanks to each of you for clicking over and for your kind comments on the masthead I illustrated for her!
A little pat on the back never hurts!
Patricia