Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sunday Supper




I am "manifesting" this dining room as the perfect place for a Sunday Supper.  My dear sister gave me her meatloaf recipe which has always been  a comfort food.  Served with a side of mashed potatoes, healthy green spinach, salad and rolls with fresh butter.  Even the finest restaurants are serving simple home-cooked recipes to bring back classic comfort food.
Mary's Meatloaf

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
3/4 c. oatmeal
2 eggs
1/3 c. ketchup
2T. worcestershire sauce
1 T. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine onion and oatmeal in processor and process until onion is finely chopped.  Add eggs,
worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and ketchup and salt.  Place ground beef in mixing bowl and pour contents of processor bowl over meat.  Mix all ingredients and shape into a loaf on a baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then top with 1/3 C. ketchup mixed with 1 T. worchestershire sauce. Continue baking for 40 minutes. Allow to sit for 10 minutes when finished.

My wish list has always held the desire for a blue dining room.  I am mad for the shade of blue of this room, the eclectic assortment of chairs, and the chandelier!  Enjoy this recipe and remember, no elbows on the table!  

8 comments:

Cakespy said...

I'd love to eat comfort food like this in a classing dining space like above!

Tara said...

Hmmm..I have never seen oatmeal as an ingredient but I'll bet it tastes great!

Unknown said...

Gasp! That is a gorgeous, gorgeous dining room! I just love the way they use the mirrors and that shade of blue, like a delphinium--and I'll bet it changes to all sorts of different hues as the day progresses...Love the recipe--I'm going to be trying it out shortly.

pve design said...

ladies,
enjoy your sunday!
thanks for checking in and let me know how you like the meatloaf!
pve

pve design said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kwana said...

I know that dining room is on the way! I can't wait to pull up a chair.

Pink Wallpaper said...

i adore that room!!! thanks for visiting my blog.

Unknown said...

Yummm...I must try it....I can smell it cooking. True comfort food!