Thursday, September 26, 2013

from day one

 
Today is my 26th Wedding Anniversary.  From time to time, I do share personal bits here on my blog so bear with me while I do a little zen happy dance blessing.

I can honestly say that from day one, it was true love.  Yes, the law of attraction pulled me toward him spiritually, physically and mentally.  Many say we are driven or "type A."  We were up early this morning and I made it to the track for my morning walk, he had to leave for an early conference call but we look forward to this evening to celebrate, just the two of us at Xavier's in Piermont which opened in 1987, the year of our wedding.

We have worked together as husband and wife to create a life together, raising our children, tending to our daily needs, work and all the activities.  Some days go smoothly while others can feel a bit like driving down a rough bumpy road but I feel so incredibly blessed to have wonderful families and friends to enthusiastically share this life.  Our community is also a great place to live surrounded by friends and families who know what it takes to make it in this busy life.  We dearly miss those who are no longer here on this earth, but each day we know that from day one, our love has grown and every layer or year adds a nacre to our patina.

Thank-you to my family, my friends and to you my dear husband for 26 years of support, praise, honesty and love.  Thank-you to my blog readers too for allowing me to share the years.


17 comments:

N said...

Congratulations you two! Looking forward to seeing you both soon. xo

LPC said...

Congratulations. Now that I am married again, I can read these kinds of posts without sorrow, only happiness for your joy.

I suppose I shouldn't have minded during the years I was alone, but it was hard.

Congratulations again.

Kwana said...

Happy anniversary and congratulations again. You are a match made in heaven.

pve design said...

Thanks N, LPC and Kwana, I have resorted to e-blogger again as wordpress makes me cranky and I today deserves better.
You all are so sweet to pop in today and I love knowing you cared enough to leave me a comment.
pve

Splendid Market said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful evening and many more happy years together.

Mademoiselle Michael Blog said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you two make a great team. 26 years is absolutely something to celebrate. :)

ArchitectDesign™ said...

congratulations and here's to another 26 years!

S. Etole said...

Blessings for a wonderful anniversary and many more.

CDS said...

Congratulations and many a Happy Anniversary!

Glamour Drops said...

A big congratulations that you still feel the same way after 26 years of marriage! That is no small feat. Enjoy your special day, and may you continue to feel the same way towards one another for many long years yet.

Jennifer C. Webb said...

congratulations! A beautiful life and beautiful children. Bravo

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Cheers and congratulations! 26 years is amazing!!

KK @ Preppy Pink Crocodile

marsha cannon said...

I am so happy for you and congratulations. I cannot tell you how much it meant to me to talk to you when I first began blogging and you were so kind to me. I love following your blog and am still hoping to have one of your illustrations for my blog one day! Happy Anniversary!

MJH Design Arts said...

Hi Patricia, Congratulations on a life well lived with those you love. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story of your love. Be well. xoxo
Mary

Catherine said...

Happy Anniversary xoxo

BRASWELL said...

26 years + that's a milestone + congratulations + have a wonderful evening. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Lobster Meets Peach said...

Congratulations for you both! There is nothing more wonderful than lasting love!!!