Monday, November 26, 2012

monday motivation - massage

I am motivated by a massage appointment.  I was given the gift of a massage in the form of a gift card to use at any time.  There is truly nothing better than taking time out for a little personal spa treatment.
If you have never had a massage, I encourage you to book one now.  Did you know that a massage can drain your body of toxins and stress.  One walks away feeling refreshed and grounded.
A hot stone massage warms one up as well as balances one's spirit.
"An ancient technique performed using heated stones of varied temperatures placed on the body…a modality for spiritual balancing. Stone massage is very effective as it creates harmony and a positive energy flow promoting a sense of balance, energy, and peace."

The massage rooms always make me wish I had a room like this in my own home.  Do you feel motivated to make time for a massage?  Make time during the holidays for a little time to pamper yourself.

7 comments:

Our French Inspired Home said...

I never need to be motivated to have a massage; I'll take them as often as I can get them. Usually that is about once or twice a month. Love having hot stones applied during a massage. The massage therapist I see does a lot of head neck and shoulder work towards the end, which can make me fall asleep in just a few minutes. Hope you take time out for one yourself! Have a great day! - Tonya

The Buzz Blog said...

We book a massage just before Christmas once everything we need to do has gotten done and it's the best way to add some peace to the holiday season. Thanks for reminding us to book our appointment, PVE! Hope yours is lovely.
xxoo
C + C

Acquired Objects said...

I get a massage every three months and a facial that comes with a mini massage every month and love them. It's the one thing I do for myself since my life is so busy and hectic. Everyone should make time for a massage since it definitely rejuvenates and gives you renewed energy.

XXX
Debra~

I Dream Of said...

What a lovely gift to receive, the gift of renewal, a little well-deserved "me" time. I find that if I don't take a little time out for a massage now and then, my back gets back at me! Hope you enjoy the time out!! XOXO

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

Wow - as I sit here in front of my computer and my shoulders are aching, this sounds like the most wonderful gift in the world!

Enjoy your day!! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Patricia,
I get a massage about once a year, if I'm lucky. Can't seem to fit it in. However, I did have the most wonderful hot stone massage last weekend on our anniversary get away. It was pure bliss.

I'm reading Carolyn's comment and thinking I need to add that to my holiday to do list...for me! :)
xoxo Elizabeth

Stephanie Sabbe said...

some girlfriends and I went to one of those scary chinatown places when we were in NYC this summer. It was a spur of the moment, we're so tired, it's not that gross right? type of moments. I have had lots of massages, not sure I will ever do that again. I kept saying "no, don't touch my butt" and the girl laughed and kept doing her thing. My friend was cracking up on the other side of the curtain. She apparently knew they did that.