Thursday, November 15, 2012

mindful moments

 It's a new day and the intent of this post today is to give each of you permission for  daily mindfulness.
As we wake to the embrace of the coming holidays, let us find the purity of peace and joy of season.

Care to join me on this journey of adding 10 mindful minutes to your day?

 Goldie Hawn's book is wonderful and would make a nice gift as each of us need to live happier and healthier lives.  The best gift that we can give our children are emotional skills to reduce stress and anxiety.

Retreat to a room or a space where you can sit quietly and set a timer for 10 minutes.  Devote yourself wholeheartedly to this moment until the bell rings.
If by chance you cannot still or calm your mind, do a chore such as sweeping or raking leaves.  You will never finish for good, but you shall learn the point of pointlessness.  In turn a chore or bit of work will clear your mind and help you sleep too.

Love to know what helps you to create a mindful moment?

pve design artwork created for the pound ridge plume.

10 comments:

Woodside Park said...

Thank you for these suggestions, Patricia. This time of year is especially hectic. Interesting because I also find raking leaves very calming. I love the sound of the crunchy leaves.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Patricia, this is just what I needed reminding of. Finding a time to be quiet for 10 minutes sounds like bliss...

Liz

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

PS. your post also reminds me that I need to add the new book out by Susan Cain, Quiet: the Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking to my reading list...

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

Patricia - I love this! I wish I could be more mindful in my life in general. Maybe this would be a good way to start.

Elizabeth Floyd - I need to look for that book - it sounds excellent. My daughter and I both should read it!

xoxoxo

Tawna said...

Just watching my kids :).

A Daughter of the King said...

10 mindful moments per day. What a blessing!

MJH Design Arts said...

This a wonderful suggestion, how easy it is to forget to be grateful for the moment. One of my little chores that brings me into the moment and stops my twirling mind is to polish silver--not much at a time. And the results are so beautiful. I love to iron when I'm feeling out of sorts--gets me focused on something that I can control. I think I'll take you up on this 8 week adventure. Thanks.
Mary

Cheryl said...

I love this! I'm going online to look into these books. It is a perfect time for me to work on this.

BRASWELL said...

I love to be grateful each morning-that keeeps me mindful! Great topic.

LPC said...

I look at out the window. Sky keeps me mindful. Trees are good too, rain for extra credit:).