Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Turkey day

 It's Turkey time in the USA.  Today is the day we gather to give thanks and share a turkey and lots of good side dishes. We give thanks.  It is indeed a day to celebrate with gratitude.  If you host this holiday, you know it involves lots of preparation and hard work.  There is something humbling when I think of the sheer work involved at that first Thanksgiving feast and now all the modern day conveniences we have at our fingertips deserve many thanks.
Just a little glimpse at the grown-ups table.
The homespun linen napkins are from Heather Ross In House. It's a good thing I do not live nearby her shop, she has a great eye for wonderful home goods.  
Let me tell you that these napkins are scrumptiously soft and generous in size.

Everything else was gifted or collected over the years, our wedding Audubon Silver from Tiffany's, White Royal Copenhagen Porcelain dinner plates, Limoge Candlesticks, White Reindeer from an Antique shop in the city and the chestnuts were bought at Stop and Shop.  
The chargers appear yellow in this photo but in fact are gold from a nearby shop and the dark chocolate  linen tablecloth I bought years ago at Conran's in the city.
I am so very Thankful for each of you who pop in to visit or to leave me a comment.
Happy Turkey Day to you.

I am off to make the place cards and my thankful tree.
More pictures to follow.


7 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your table looks wonderful and meaningful. I remember shopping at the Conran's when it was under the Queensboro Bridge. I can't wait to see your Thankful Tree!
xo
annie

quintessence said...

Lovely table Patricia!! I love that everything has been collected over the years - so many memories for this special family day. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

I Dream Of said...

What a beautiful table, Patricia. Love the place cards. I'm feeling thankful for you, my friend!
Hope you enjoy the day with your family! XO

MJH Design Arts said...

So beautiful!! Thank you for sharing your heart.
Mary

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Beautiful illustration!

And I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

Liz

LindsB said...

What a pretty table! I hope you and your family had a lovely day!