Tuesday, November 06, 2012

that thing

After last week of living without many things, this week, getting things back to normalcy around here seems almost surreal.  A week ago, no power, no lights, no heat, no internet, no phone, no school. Today, I thank you for all the things.  Power is back, heat, lights, and internet too.  That said, there are many living without many things and everywhere one goes, there are drives to donate to those in need.  Think of that thing you no longer need or want and donate it to the victims of Storm Sandy.

By the way, I did that thing, I voted today.  Get out and vote, it is a right and choice.  Now I need to get to work on some commissions.  Yes, that thing called work is calling me now and I am full of thanks.

7 comments:

Acquired Objects said...

I've donated and I've voted and yes after a week without electricity I'm thankful too. I hope people do both things today, give and vote!

XXX
Debra~

pve design said...

Debra,
Yes, you are so right, to give and to vote is a choice and I am thankful for both!
pve

Our French Inspired Home said...

Voted today! Have always wanted to ask you something about your artwork. I love how your watercolors are sometimes outlined in black ink. Is that something you apply before or after painting? What is it you use exactly if you dont mind my asking? Glad to hear you are up and running again. Have a great day! - Tonya

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Glad it's back to normal for you. I know it was a rough week up there!

Lisa Mende said...

I'm so happy you are home and can create awesomeness again! I voted too!

Unknown said...

Glad to read that the darkness has turned to light. Tomorrow we shall see what else will change. It's all enough to be grateful for.

BRASWELL said...

I am so grateful for everything + I voted + I gave . xxpeggybraswelldesign.com