Monday, March 14, 2011

monday mojo series 2

Please welcome guest blogger and business owner -Melissa of

It’s hard to imagine living a life that doesn’t motivate me to wake up every day ready to take on anything that comes my way. I’m a firm believer in controlling your own destiny, and although, sometimes it feels as if the cosmos throw out a crazy right-hook {re: economy, kids, health, etc.}, I still feel it is vital to live the life you can’t live without. This doesn’t equate to going beyond your means, but rather, allowing your soul to be enriched by doing what you love most.

My husband and I committed to chasing our dreams and making them a reality. He is an artist, and I am a small business owner who supports small artisans from around the world. We are not wealthy, we struggle to make ends meet, but we are happy. Every day brings a new challenge, opens our eyes to different methods or designs, and allows us to learn and meet new people and things. Our days are not 9-5, 5 days a week; we ‘are on’ constantly…no sick days, no IRA’s, no steady paycheck, no healthcare plans. We are motivated by the sheer joy of being our own boss, letting our creative juices flow without any barriers, and knowing that at the end of every day, we did our very best for us and those we support and believe in 100%.

Life is short. Live it.


Thank-you Melissa!

Please pop over to visit Reverie-daydream and take a look around.

Melissa's shop is dreamy and I have ordered a few items and love them!

16 comments:

Ann said...

Oh I am so totally with you...
that is what I am instilling my ten year old son right now...
to know what he really wants to do in his life so as we can guide him through it as his parents and that he will get the necessary preparation as he grows up...
I would really love him to live a life doing what he loves and to be able to live it the way he likes it...
It took me quite a long time to do it myself ♥

Love your post here...

Brie said...

Great post! Glad your living your dreams. Took me a long time to figure that out. At the end of the day - I am still me...and art lives in me and I am so happy when I am doing it.

The Buzz Blog said...

Doing what you love with people you love has been my motto since I quit being banker 12 years ago and I've never regretted it... even though we may not have much, we are happy with who we are and that's what we'd like to instill in our children!
xxoo

Claudia Lane said...

when I was younger I thought I knew who I was and what I wanted to become...well I wasn't quite right, the vision I had in my mind it was much different from the person I am now...and it's wonderful to be in my early forties and to be who I really want to be...(an artist not a lawyer!) I always ask my children what it is that they really enjoy doing... to me they should pursue what they enjoy and not what they think or their parents or grandparents think they should enjoy...I've learnt my lesson!
I've really enjoyed this post :))
Have a great day
xo

Crystal said...

What a wonderful attitude to wake up to every morning. Sometimes in this busy life we wear too many hats. Businesswoman, mother, driver, cook, artist. The list seems neverending, but as long as these things are done with joy, they are a joy. I also run a tack shop and I am a working artist and craft designer. I understand no sick days and sometimes no credit, but the feeling of accomplishment, makes it all worthwhile.
I adore your so very optimistic blog!! :-)

quintessence said...

Wonderful inspiration!! I tell this to my children as well - doing what you love is more important than anything else career wise. Everything else will come from it!!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

loooove this post! thanks for sharing

I Dream Of said...

Wow. So much inspiration in Melissa's words! I admire to those who can live for passion and pursuit passion full steam. Jumping off the cliff like that takes a lot of courage and confidence. And not many of us have it. Good food for thought to start the week!

Joyce said...

A great post on following ones dreams and making it happen. xo

Formerly known as Frau said...

I would live to live a life like that. Makes a difference to love what you do and live for what you love. Love her stuff too!

mimi charmante said...

Couldn't agree more my friend~ We feel much the same way and strive to live the life we are passionate about. Some days it is more difficult than others with the day to day tasks that don't seem all that "dreamy" but we do try to look at everything we do as part of the journey and it certainly is a journey we love!
xx

Unknown said...

Love Melissa's attitude and zest for life. We really all should be doing the most with what we have. And, sometimes, it's nice to be reminded of that!!!
xoxo

Jenny Castle Design said...

Melissa, I love your proactive attitude and ability to cherish what makes you most happy at the end of the day, despite the challenges. You are such an inspiration!

la la Lovely said...

Love Melissa and love her words. It's always so motivating and inspiring when someone is living the life they were meant to live! xoxo

meenal bishnoi said...

this reminds me a quote by Rumi that i posted on my blog over the weekend, " Let what you love be what you do"...Love your blog Patricia...i'm your latest follower..you can follow my blog if you like it!! xx meenal

Aspiring Kennedy said...

I love Reverie! And I loved hearing what she had to say about chasing her dream. I want to do that too!!