Thursday, January 03, 2008

Hourglass


Imagine an hourglass.
It's shape is like the symbol for infinity.  The two sections represent polarity.  The material on one side, the immaterial on the other.  Male, female, hot, cold, north, south, positive, negative.  I think you get the idea.  Now let's talk about the sand which runs like the stream, the energy that runs, just like the road of life.  - From the book of TAO.

As an artist, we struggle to focus on the moment, which is the sand slipping yet at the same time we are constantly fighting against all which is material.  I love the hourglass as a mental image, an icon for me to create from a stream of consciousness which in turn produces some of my best art.
Life is like an hourglass.

Consciousness is the sand.  May each of you be inspired by the hourglass for this year and to learn to live in the moment.  Welcome.

8 comments:

annechovie said...

Congratulations on the debut of "PVE Design" and welcome to the blogging sisterhood, Patricia!Great job! Looking forward to making your blog one of my essential reads! Thanks for the link and I'm adding you, too.

Kendel said...

Congrats Patricia! I am so happy you have started your blog. I can't wait to see what 2008 holds for you. All the very best!
Ronda

ALL THE BEST said...

Ooops...sorry I was logged in as my sister-in-law (Kendel).
Ronds

Mrs. Blandings said...

What a strong start! I love the image and the text. See, isn't this fun?

Anna Spiro said...

Wonderful - you've taken the leap!! Congratulations! I am looking forward to more! I'll add you to ABT once I get back from holidays!!
XO
Anna

Kwana said...

Congratulations, Patricia. Welcome to the blogging world. I know your blog will be a must read!

pve design said...

wow, I am amazed by each of your comments and they certainly have added creative fuel to my fire!
thank-you fellow bloggers!

Susan said...

I need this necklace of a constant reminder of life's importantness.

I just found your blog and read it "cover to cover" if you will. Love your work!