Friday, January 18, 2008

Balmy


How about a little "balminess" - certainly I could benefit from a bit of sun, warm air and some sort of concoction with one of those pretty little umbrellas.
Many people live in tropical climates all year but I am truly more of a "Four Seasons" gal, so my little get-away is to draw a place I'd love to be.  To feel my feet in the sand and to wear an open toe sandal in the middle of Winter, now that sounds like a last resort.

My art has always provided me with my own little travel agency right at my fingers.  I can be transported anywhere in a matter of minutes and there is "no bother" with any annoying airport security and alas, no wrinkles from too much sun.   That said, I can always design and draw myself a brand new hat.
Shall I reserve a lounge chair for you?

8 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Yes! Right next to you! Where's the cabana boy?

C+SK said...

LOL LOL LOL! yeah, where's the cabana boy? :-)

Hmm, yes, please reserve a chair for me - I am way too pale and need to recover some of the "oliveness" of my skin! :-)

pve design said...

Now where did that cabana boy go?
Good help is so hard to find these days.
Now- please pass the sunscreen....

Kwana said...

I'd like a seat too! It would be heaven right now. Great sketch!

annechovie said...

Lovely sketch, Patricia! It's in the 80's here today. I went for a bike ride. BTW,there are lots of cabana boys here, trouble is, most are too feeble to get out of their chairs - and about 87! LOL

Unknown said...

That sounds heavenly. I'll have a chair by the pool and an icy Marguerita, please.

pve design said...

Oh, look, here come our drinks! The water feels great!
Come on in!

Petunia said...

Ooh, Patricia, I love this illustration! Ooh--something tropical-paradisey yet chic like this!! :)
I'll e-mail you.