Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday shelf -silence

One of my favorite places in the whole wide world is Shaker Town, located in Kentucky. One of the reasons I love it so much is not only for the architecture, but for the silent eloquence. I hope you don't mind me if I am silent for a little while. Signs keep telling me to hang up my hat, take a nap, find the stillness in the summer light.

I have some work and deadlines to meet, so pardon me and my silence. Not to worry, I will be back shortly. Wishing each of you a golden moment of silence.

11 comments:

My Notting Hill said...

Agree with your sentiments - a period of silence is appealing. I think I will make an appointment with the night sky and a patch of grass tonight.

TSL said...

Silent eloquence, I love that.

Debra said...

Ditto~Ditto... It's a beautiful Sunday here in the northeast and I am happily illustrating. It's always a beautiful day when we can spend it doing what we love-inside or outside. Enjoy the stillness of painting special dreams for others.

Stitchfork said...

Silence is golden -- enjoy!

Victoria Thorne said...

The book looks beautiful, and the thoughts you express are sweet -- enjoy your time; may work and a bit of quiet bring good peace. Thanks for the loveliness you put into the world.

Hamptontoes said...

Silence is a good thing from time to time. Enjoy your quiet getaway!

Susan McClaskey said...

"The Sounds of Silence" --bliss!

Hello Lover... said...

Enjoy your silence - I'll be patiently waiting for your return.

Miss Cavendish said...

Thought of you today--went into Nantucket's JMcL--

Karena said...

Patricia, it is so nice to have just peaceful silence at times. A special renewal.

Karena
Art by Karena

Elizabeth said...

living in kentucky, i would say that shakertown is one of our most beautiful places here. Sadly, I've only been there twice. I need to go back soon though.