Wednesday, August 06, 2008

a welcome mat


Coming home to a welcome mat or a perfectly matted custom illustration of your home is the perfect way to begin the day.   All of my illustrations are finished with a hand selected matte with the assistance of an expert local framer who always knows how to accent my artwork.  The arrival of your artwork not only ships better, but then it is ready to frame - but alas, the framing may also be done for you too.  The above artwork for Making it Lovely was matted in a buttery suede matte which really added to the warmth of this lovely home.  I love to see what exciting things Nicole is doing to her home or hear about her business. 
A custom cut mat brings new meaning to " welcome mat", something soft and sophisticated to come home to.  Does your home have a welcome mat or is that something on your list?

10 comments:

Mrs. Limestone said...

You already know this but your beautiful matted drawing is hanging in my vestibule welcoming all my guests. I get so many compliments on it and have to tell them all about you!

pve design said...

mrs. limestone-
Oh, yes, I remember the matting on your lovely limestone. Hope you enjoy your pve design original for years to come in your brooklyn limestone!
Perhaps a book to publish of all your adventures!
pve

Kwana said...

Presentation IS everything. You artwork is already a shining star but the mat does take it over the moon. Beautiful. I do have a welcome mat but alas it is very worn out and I need a new one. I think I'll take it as a good sign that my home has welcomed lots of lovely visitors over the years.

annechovie said...

What a lovely complement to your ilustration, Patricia. You think of everything!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Lovely idea and lovely implementation, as usual!

simply seleta said...

What a lovely "welcome home" picture to see. I really must get on the stick and order one of these...

London Calling said...

Your art is always welcome! Mat or not:)

Anonymous said...

Love the idea! As soon as Winston stops 'relieving himself' on my door mat, I'll make a move for this!

Material Girls said...

I love welcome mats- I think it's the finishing piece to a house! A doorstep looks so bare without one and it's so nice to come home to one!

Love your blog!
Emily

Michelle said...

ooooh I want one I want one.....you make my toes tingle PVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!