Thursday, August 14, 2008

small words, big style


hand painted "Matthew" in a fresh and fun colorway

We all know the phrase, "Sticks and stones will break my bones, and words will never hurt me" is so not true.  Even the smallest words can hurt but I would like to focus on some very powerful small words that you can shop for here

 What's in a name or even a "letter" is after all - mighty powerful and you can have your very own name or perhaps a name for someone you love painted in a fun fresh way!

three out of four of her children

Connecting with other Moms who are juggling family and work is all incredibly inspiring to me.
I always want to know their story and how they do it.  For most, it all began with the birth of that first child and wanting to be there, so most work-at-home Moms look for something to do from home or perhaps are pushed by friends.  We all need someone to blame for our success, right?

A vision of calm. a photo of Kim, taken with all 4 "critters" under-foot
Meet Kim, she is the driving and painting force behind this bright and cheery company.  She had never painted before and did not even know what a "filbert" was.  For those of you that do not know, it is a type of artist's paint-brush, with a certain type of the bristles and yes, it is a nut too.   Kim also keeps a blog too in the midst of painting and potty training.  All 4 of her children are in diapers.  I hope that is not TMI!  (too much information)  There is nothing this Mom can't do and she certainly does it with style and grace.  Please visit Kim and leave her with a small word of advice, not that she needs any!


 


9 comments:

Kwana said...

Thanks for the intro Patricia. I love 'meeting' new artists.

pve design said...

kwana,
what is it about twins and paint brushes with me?
we always seem to find one another!
patricia

Anonymous said...

Very cool intro- and she has a great site/blog! Thanks!!!

Mary-Laure said...

What an amazing woman!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

She does look the very model of calm!

Kim said...

You did such a great job on this profile! Thanks very much!! And thank you to everybody who has left such sweet comments!

Leanne said...

Nice profile. I think Kim must live under a 30 hours/day clock....four small children and a business?! Wow.

Things That Inspire said...

Very inspirational, I am going to go visit her blog right now!

I know very well what a filbert is, as I used to have an art supply addiction. I have SO many brushes that have never been used, it is quite sad! Sometimes I will pull them out (they are underneath the wet bar in the living room) and marvel and the variety.

Jennifer Logan said...

It was so nice of you to mention Kim. She is a great person and has such a wonderful personality. The fact that I love her work doesn't hurt either. You did a great job.