Wednesday, August 13, 2008

cottages to castles


cottage illustrated by pve design for topsy turvy style.com
A cottage to use as an Artist Studio, a game room, a party room or a Library.
The above cottage belongs to this woman of style.
home illustrated by pve design for topsy turvy style.com
This is the home of Topsy Turvy Style. I was expecting a bit of chaos as the name implies but I have looked closely while illustrating this idyllic spot. This is the home, one of a "twin" home designed by Architect, Dwight Baum. As they say we all have a "twin" somewhere.

Lana posted about pve design and my love for illustrating life on paper ranging from homes, shoppes to pets, parties to basically whatever your heart desires. When she posted her very own home, I took it as a sign to capture this special spot for her. Thank you for posting about me. I am so grateful for all of the support and motivation from the blogging community.


15 comments:

Kasey said...

those are lovely!!
k-

Anonymous said...

Oh how I would love to live in a cottage- romantic and magical. Reminds me of Snow White (the post from Seleta's blog has got me thinking about fairytales!!!)... :)

Jojo said...

I just discovered your bog and these sketches are simply magical!!! These are wonderful. What fun if these were made into cards so that the homeowner had a personal stationary.

You have an amazing blog.

Courtney said...

Jojo is right -- these are so very magical! Your drawings always make me smile and these two homes are beyond lovely.

Vana said...

I love them. Your clients must be so thrilled to treasure something so beautiful.

la la Lovely said...

These are so pretty. There is nothing more beautiful to me than a quaint sweet cottage. I hope to have one someday! And as always your illustrations bring such a dreaminess to life! Love it.
PS- you mentioned someone doing a post on chalkboard paint at a Brooklyn Limestone..who was it or where might I be able to find it? Thanks!

pve design said...

la la lovely -
I know, me too, I really would love a little art studio cottage...
take a look on my blog roll and click on
Brooklyn Limestone and scroll down, she posted it a few weeks ago, her kitchen pantry door with the magnetic paint.
Happy Painting!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

What a wonderful place to work!

Kwana said...

These are lovely. I love the use of brown in both of these, Patricia

Kim said...

I love both of these so much!!!

I tried to get back to you - but left a message! Please try me whenever you get a chance!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I found your blog through Pamela Terry. These sketches are wonderful! I enjoyed my visit very much and will return. Thanks!

Leanne said...

Thank you for finding my blog via Vana's site. Your home sounds lovely! {from your comment}

You really capture the setting beautifully in these illustrations...a relaxing spirit.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful home, beautiful renderings.

Emily said...

I love your paintings of these cottages. They just make me smile, especially the illustration of the small cottage. Oh to have such a luxury place to reside!!! Wonderful job capturing the magic of these homes.

berry said...

Great blog! Will check back often!