Monday, March 05, 2012

homework

























Just last night as my daughter was doing her homework, she quipped - "I mean what is the point of all this homework because it just gets tossed in the trash later!"  As any good Mother would reply, "Why dear, it is elementary!"  All apart of learning, just like exercise, we have to go through the repetition to learn or to benefit from the homework.

A dear friend asked when I had the most "homework" and I had to stop and think.   What she really meant was when I am the busiest with commissions.  I have never done an official study because it seems that I always have a steady stream of "homework" or artwork to be done.  I guess one is never too old to learn or to do one's homework.  The above artwork of this home was sent last week to a client to give as a gift.

Thank-you to each of you for supplying me with more homework for which I shall never complain.
I am grateful for more work and with each and every work, I continue to learn and to grow as an artist.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ahhhh, I remember feeling that way as a young student! And then my two feeling the same.
I love that you call your work "homework"....

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Lovely painting! It will be such a treasured gift. Great post, send me more "homework" please:)

Jennifer C. Webb said...

A+ for all of your homework

debra @ 5th and state said...

of course you are busy patricia, your work is mesmerizing in such a charming way
xx
debra

Unknown said...

Patricia, you are a role model! For your children and for me as well!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Homework, I always think of with some feeling of dread!

Unknown said...

Homework will always be there. It's life, and what goes with it. But it is evidence of being a productive individual with something important to do. Sweet picture of the hous, too!

Aspiring Kennedy said...

im sure you enjoy that homework a bit more than i did my math! lovely!!

Amelia said...

I would like to take a moment and thank this client!
She sent such a lovely note to me. I am saving personal notes to frame in a collage.
pve