Monday, March 12, 2012

greener grass

 How gorgeous is this
As the old adage goes, "The grass is always greener on the other side."
I have long admired the artwork of Fairfield Porter and the use of green.
The green lawn in the background provides such calm to the couples awkward silence. 
 The crossed arms say so much.
 This wonderfully chic vignette also has a very special work of art, Made by Girl.
More green.  Greener grass.  I can never get enough green.

This week will be all about green.

12 comments:

Jennifer C. Webb said...

thank you for the introduction to Fairfield Porter, love the green....and the silence

Unknown said...

Green is yours!
It's even the color in your birthday....

What a great Monday post! Refreshing!
(Thought of the My Fair Lady song: It greens so green...)
Do you remember the movie with Katherine Hepburn?

xoxo

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Love the lush green lawn! xx

Acquired Objects said...

I was just outside starring at our lawn and praying for it to grow and become more lush. I'm done with winter!

XX
Debra~

Barbara von Enger said...

I am very fond of green especially when married with blue on canvas.
Have a happy Monday, too;-)

Michelle Parks McCourt said...

Love that second image painting.

Kwana said...

I can't wait to see all the green. I hope my grass changes soon.

Purple Flowers said...

Love the green - so soothing to my eyes.
Thanks for sharing.

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I agree! So nice to see the new growth on the trees, lawns and bushes!

Anonymous said...

what a great portrait, so telling and brilliant!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I can't wait for our grass to green up and all the trees too.....So happy a change in season is here! Happy Monday!

Karena said...

Porters work really draws you in. Jen's piece is also striking!

Come over to visit, I have a New Giveaway I think you will love!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena