Thursday, September 24, 2009

take me "Holme"


Meet Chris Holme and his lovely shop dog "Taffy." I have long been fascinated with other artisans and those who find a passion in their work.
Craftsmanship and artisanal touches lure me, just like this mirror with a magnetic hidden door for hiding the family jewels. Genius design!
Take a look at his designs here, would you? Do you have any room in your home for "Holme's furniture?" I would love a "hope" chest with some cleverly designed hidden compartment.
What would you like for Chris Holme to make for you?
Do you see anything on his site that you would like to take home?
Please contact him and let him know~

9 comments:

Creative Tonic said...

Be still my heart! LOVE those hidden compartments... especially the the sink unit hiding the pipes... the mirror safe is pretty fine too! I'd take a pretty silver storage box though with my and my husband's initials!!! I could watch that video all day.

pve design said...

Creative Tonic,
I know - that video is wonderful...as well as the hidden compartments...for storing away valuables.
pve

style chronicle said...

I want the octagon table for my living room.

Melissa said...

Wow! I haven't seen someone put this much effort into wooden furnishings, well, ever! I find it's a craft that isn't as prevalent as it once was - but I'm seeing a definite revival. So lovely.

Debra said...

Holy Smokes...I feel like dancing now! What a great video. I love all of the hidden spaces. Where did you find him?

pve design said...

Debra,
Actually Chris came to me via the web, and I was so excited to post his work. I always admire arts and crafts and those who love to work with their hands.
pve

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

That mirror is brilliant! I think I would very much like one of his vessel sink cabinets to place beneath it. :-)

JP's Books said...

Laura,
I knew you would appreciate his cleverness..
Hope you are well, and to see you soon.
pve

Heather Holme said...

Hey everyone, I'm Chris's wife. I was just doing a search on him and came across your blog. Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments!!!! He'll be so touched when I share them with him. A lot has happened with his work since '09. He just started a facebook page if you want to check it out it's: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris-Holme-Fine-Furniture/129515580474951 and here's the latest article written about him: http://www.cafreemason-digital.com/cafreemason/20110809?pg=3#pg1 Thank you again. It means so very much to both of us that his work is so appreciated!!!!!