Wednesday, September 16, 2009

patchy fog

Watercolor "chalkpaths" - work of E.Ravilious, thanks to a Bloomsbury life for the intro.
Autumn conjures up images of quilts, stone walls, country fields and a plethora of patchwork.

I have to dig a little deeper and find out exactly where this fascination of patchwork began.
Could it be my love for classic cozy things with an Anthropologie twist.
Suddenly, I want to make this patchy scarf from recycled thrift shop sweaters or sew some patches on my jeans...I love this look, how about you?
Am I the only one living in a patchy fog or is it me just trying to add a hipness to thy thrifty self? These would make wonderful gifts for the holidays.
It could be my farewell to Summer Madras and hello to a Fall Quilt that just went back on my bed for cooler nights to come.
Atlantis Home blog a Mom with major cool, scarf and jeans from Atlantis

11 comments:

Pretty Neat Designs said...

I like the patchwork too. Looking out the window on the flight from Dublin to Shannon made the entire country seem like a patchwork quilt. Great idea on making the scarves.

Debra said...

Very snazzy for the cool weather to come. I love that scarf! Makes me think of what LittleByrd would come up with. Cool here this morning and the forecast calls for COLD tonight. Just right for cuddling up with some patchwork.

Formerly known as Frau said...

I love it very hip! Love the scarf great idea...you can do it. Go patchy.

Starr said...

That Anthro scarf is amazing. I never would have thought of that, but I think I now know a way to up-cycle a much loved sweater that has seen better days.

pve design said...

Starr-
Let me clarify that the scarf was from Atlantis home, and not Anthro- but it certainly has the look!
best,
pve

Kwana said...

Love that scarf. I'll take one please. Fun project.

Julia said...

That scarf is splendid! I can just imagine how warm and comforting it would be!

Joyce said...

I like how bits n' pieces make a beautiful scarves, and jeans. These would make wonderful gifts. Double fun using special patches that tell a story.
Even the love of a nature gives us the blanket of patches to enjoy. xoxo

Karena said...

The scarf, very cool and cozy. I have been thinking of painting some fabric, silk scarves, etc, for autumn and winter though these ideas are great!

annechovie said...

I like patches, too!

Marnie said...

you have got to check out a blogger friend of mine from ct - the felted garden