Saturday, September 12, 2009

take- away


Imagine having a little place to go to for the most scrumptious fare and this charming entrance that will take your breath away as well as the medjool dates stuffed with gorgonzola and topped with bacon. Amy has provided many a fabulous "take-away" meal during ski season - as well as apres ski treats.
This is one of my favorite spots in the Catskills, "Amy's Take-away" - Amy prepares yummy cuisine with regard for the freshest local ingredients. She has a green thumb too and an infectious smile. We have become friends over the years. Running a small business is a ton of work and I am all for supporting those that are trying to do what they love and make a living. Amy is surely an inspiration to me!

I love calling in an order and then anticipating her infusion of taste to everything she makes.
Can you see the old vintage stove outside and also on her signage? Inside her kitchen is spotless and her welcoming smile is full of joy. If you are ever in the area, please stop in or call ahead to reserve an order to take-away. I am happy to give you her number.

11 comments:

Debra said...

Amy's special spot is sweet, charming with an air of 'good taste'. What a great little building-bet she'd love a PvE of her spot. Don't you love how I conjure-up work for others?
Have a great weekend P.
Sun is presently smiling down...

pve design said...

Debra,
shh- a pve for amy is in the works...shh!
Enjoy today's celebration and the ((sun)) smiling upon you. T'is raining here!
pve

Kalee said...

What a charming little place. I would just love to grab something from Amy's and eat it while enjoying the beauty of the Catskills. Hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

It looks so charming!
Have a lovely weekend!
-M

Purple Flowers said...

I love cafes, deli's and general stores that have the ambiance of days gone by. They're most charming to be part of even if it's only for lunch or a spot of tea.

style chronicle said...

What a delightful spot for a yummy meal!

Unknown said...

I love to discover such treasures, hopefully I'll get a chance t go up there. Looks so inviting.
See you soon!
Love V.

Unknown said...

Sounds fabulous. I need an Amy's in Nashville

pve design said...

AB-
I know, I wish she were in my village...
We need a good take-away place.
pve

jacjewelry said...

Looks adorable!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Hey, I know Amy's! :-) I remember when she first opened -- POOF! Just appearing right there in the middle of a winding country road. Her brownies...are to die for. I first had them at Barneche down the road. Reading the comments...I can't wait to see Amy's get the PVE treatment. :-)