Tuesday, September 22, 2009

reflective nature


pve design photos of nature, on the grounds of the Newington Cropsey Museum
Nature and it's reflection provided a feast for the eyes as we crossed the foot bridge to the other side to see the art collection at Newington Cropsey titled "Reflective Nature"- a traveling exhibition of paintings ~
Painting by Fjelstad
(as well as fish and birds) from the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Museum located in Wausau, Wisconsin.
The fountain, the school of fish and the light of the day was utterly fabulous! The visual appeal and aesthetic appeal of water can be found in many interpretive challenges it presents to to artists from the continual movement, the glimmering surfaces that reflect light and the unpredictability of nature.
Here is the museum. What a spectacular work of Architecture inside and out.
The sheer magnitude of the size of the lanterns as well as the perfectly proportioned ivy thrilled me! I thought so many of you would love this!
"Ever Rest" is perched above, situated amongst nature.
The Hudson River School of Music was all about respecting and reflecting nature.
I encourage each of you to visit Newington Cropsey Museum, located in Hastings-on-Hudson.
Thank-you Hudson River School Painters for all you inspire.

18 comments:

red ticking said...

i wish i could pop over for a visit... the images are lovely... have a great week x pam

Debra said...

What beauty Patricia. I imagine becoming almost sleepy with the water and the serenity. Will you hold on to your memories with a special painting? ...and yes~ it's really coming nicely.

Pretty Neat Designs said...

It looks like a lovely place to visit. I'm adding it to my list now. Someday...

ArchitectDesign™ said...

wow -that place is amazing. I think the foliage and all the ivy really adds to it -but of course everything in that area is just so naturally beautiful to begin with!

jae said...

you are right about the museum...stunning building! nature is every inspiring isn't it.

style chronicle said...

I do hope I can make it there one day. It looks heavenly!

Kwana said...

What beautiful photos. I love all the beauty that's right abound us.

annechovie said...

What a beautiful place, Patricia!

Maia said...

What an enchanted place.

Thanks so much for visiting my illustration blog (Les Voyageuses) and I'd be delighted to do an interview with you any time.

- Maia

Melissa said...

These are great images to drink tea to... thanks for the post!

Mary-Laure said...

Divine. Sigh.
The fish in the water look like a bolt of fire in the water.

Lori said...

I especially love the first pic of the goldfish. It looks amazing there.

the NEO-traditionalist said...

I love the museum exterior---those grandiose lanterns make for quite the statement indeed!
XX Kate

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I think I see a new museum for moi to have a look-see at...

Joyce said...

The photos are stunning! I love the reflection in the water. It looks like a wonderful day to be surrounded by so much beauty. Thanks my friend for sharing. xoxo

Swetha said...

Divine pictures!!

Kathy Foley said...

Thanks for the good words about "A Reflective Nature." The exhibition is drawn from the Woodson Art Museum's collection. For more about about Woodson, located in Wausau, Wisconsin, check our website at www.lywam.org as well as our blog, "Woodson Wanderings," at http://woodsonartmuseum.blogspot.com/. We are delighted to be working with our colleagues at the Newington-Cropsey Foundation and to be able to make the Woodson's collection available to an even broader audience.

LindsB said...

What an inspiring space, I can see why you like it so much.