Saturday, September 19, 2009

busy signal

Busy "Baby Charlie" on the line of a vintage phone
He belongs to Whitney of Edman"s Furniture.
(Thanks for your permission to post!)

Just the other day, while I was at my painting lesson, my cell phone went bzz, bzzz...

Phone: bzz, bzzz

Me: "Hello:

Phone: Hi, it's me, Eddie.

Me: Helloooo!

Phone: Laughter and giggling....yes, we were thinking you might want to do this sketch for this room for the Southfield showhouse with us...you know, vintage, found treasures, of all the things we love to make up a fabulous room. Not all over the top, but a beautiful room full of all of our favorite things, and then sketched, loose and big, by you. You know, in your style, we would pay for the paper, the art would be for sale and then 10% of the proceeds would go for the event. How does that sound?

Me; (heart in my head) I feel like the time ~ (circa 1992) I was asked if I wanted to fly the Concorde by the guy who worked in travel, and I said "Well, let me think about it" dropped the phone and ran to the travel desk and literally hugged the travel guy and said YES only if you can get the sweater designer to fly next to me. So, that is how I felt, I wanted to drop the phone, get in my car and fly to Eddie and give him a big squishy hug (& Jaithan too) and tell them how thrilled I am.
But then of course, I presume they must know that or they would not be even considering me...
Enough. Yes, Yes, without hesitation.

Can someone pinch me now or am I dreaming? Can this really be real?
Yep it's real alright....like giving birth to a dream project~

So, if you call, and there is a busy signal, I promise to call you right back!
I am a bit busy with some exciting projects....
A busy signal seems such a thing of the past.

25 comments:

Debra said...

I'm squealing here for you...can you hear me? I can't wait to see what you come up with. I know it will be a room full of wonderful.
I'm back at it now... thanks for the nudge.

Karena said...

What a doll!! Cute, cute photo! Yes, what a surprise,the show house room, can't wait.

Mindy Lockard Etiquette said...

What a darling picture of Master Charlie! Thank you and Whitney for the morning smile! Congratulations, and enjoy the buzz from a dream come true moment!

Rachel said...

How lovely, my dear! And congratulations - the honor is well deserved.

style chronicle said...

SO excited for you!!! I can't wait to see it. My sister and mom are following Eddie and Jaithan around at the D.C. flea as we speak.

ALL THE BEST said...

I'm thrilled for you Patricia! You really are the BEST!
xoxo

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I feel so excited for you! I grinned all the way through reading this!! You certainly deserve the honor of showing off your gorgeous talent. It sounds like a dream project! Well done you!!

Mrs. Blandings said...

A perfect combination! You will have a blast - as you already know.

Swetha said...

He is so cute!!!!!

Starr said...

Congratulations! What an exciting project. . . do you think you'll be able to sleep tonight?

Purple Flowers said...

Congratulations on this fabulous adventure. When you think in a positive way, positive things come to you. Way to go!!

Unknown said...

It's all so exciting! Go, get them!
This is great!
XX
V.

modernemama said...

How exciting, it will be fabulous!

Miss Cavendish said...

Sounds like a terrific project! Congrats . . . and enjoy!

Marnie said...

sounds very exciting - busy, busy, busy... hope to see you on the 24th in greenwich

Unknown said...

PLleeeeaaaassseeee... give us a peek when you are finished or even while you are working on this piece!!!! You did much better than I would... if I got a call from Eddie I would be on the roof! Congratulations Sweetie! I know it will be spectabulous!

Maria Killam said...

So great, I love how you told the story! Yaay! (and that photo of the baby is so adorable!

Lauren said...

oh congratulations patricia!!! i know it's going ot be amazing!!!!! xoxox

Summer is a Verb said...

You SOOOO deserve this!!! Like I said, illustrator to the blogeratti! I was actually invited to a private dinner party in his honor this past wknd and had to regret due to a previous engagement. Heartbreaking...it was truly heartbreaking...but, ovre the moon for you which totally makes up for my loss...XXOO

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

This IS huge, and you deserve it!

The Antiques Diva™ said...

That's so fun!!! I'm certain you'll do a splendid job and can't wait to see the final result!!
Toma

home before dark said...

Karma, my dear! It all comes back. Enjoy the buzz. You've earned it.

Unknown said...

Hugs and cheers for you, tears of joy! It does get better and better every minute doesn't it! Great snap of such a cute babe.

Bette

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Can you hear my wild applause from midtown?!?! ;-) What a great gig...I cannot WAIT to see what you do!!

Joyce said...

WOW... YAHOO... Congrats... This is wonderful news my friend!!! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Eddie and Jaithan are so nice! I don't know if they will remember me, but tell them I said Hi! I saw them at Kane County while they were here a few months ago.