Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Postcards home

If you travel to a foreign destination, one of the first things you should do is send home postcards to your friends and family. I always have a hard time finding things to write as I've barely begun the vacation; nothing is worse than arriving home before the postcard!

Postcards are one of the most exciting things to get in the mail, next to packages of course. I have a large postcard collection from friends and family from all over the world acting as a sort of a travel wish file. All the exotic locations in the world and you have a friend who can suggest an itinerary; beats having to do all the legwork yourself! So next time you leave home, don't forget to write; a handwritten postcard beats an email anyday!

6 comments:

Kwana said...

Wonderful suggestion. Must remember the postcards. I do love them.

Tara said...

You're right! I still have postcards my grandfather sent to me when he visited Ireland when i was a child!

annechovie said...

Hi Patricia~
Thinking of you and hoping that you and your family are having a wonderful, restful time!

Elizabeth said...

I wish more people sent postcards.

This beautiful drawing makes me think you should go into business doing greeting cards or postcards.

Style Court said...

Architect Design --

You are doing a great job with this. It took me a moment to realize you are the guest blogger :)

Patricia -- hope Paris is wonderful.

Vana said...

I agree...that is why I love what I do for fun.