Sunday, July 20, 2008

le Voltage

Maison 21 decided to up the voltage and raise this chandelier found on e-bay as a design challenge.  It caught my attention over at Mrs. Blandings as she designed a chic Bordello for a "quick" visit of pure and utter decadance.  Next, off to Katiedid where I sported my muff and my portable flask of vodka as temperatures dropped and lead me into no mans land to an icebound dacha.  I was quite happily snowed in there, which then led me to my own challenge of flipping my own switch, to "Le Voltage."

"Entre, s'il vous plait" to "le Voltage" - through this gate for an evening that you will never forget.

I felt that this chandelier needed sharing for all to see and a setting commensurate with it's grandeur.  I mean it would be perfect in a Master Bath but then again, how cruel not to share it with the world.  Philanthropic interests at heart.  Le Voltage was designed after Versaille and I have decided to add an opera house there and invite each of you to a grand fete!

Nothing to wear, I am sure that you can come up with something to promenade along the red carpet as you have made the cut for an evening of total excess in a rather gloomy economy.   Just what the Doctor ordered to make us feel happy, a night out of high voltage to electrify! 

Blinded by the light, perhaps a pair of these would help to cut down on glare.  Dolce & Gabana has these for $386,ooo.  Not to worry, they are in the gift bag along with some other goodies, that will be handed out after you pass the gates.    I mean if I can afford such a chandelier, surely, I can afford to give each of you a party bag.  Hurry take your seats as the performance is about to begin.

Now that you are seated, turn off your cell phone and put away those noisy candy wraps and anything else that might ring, or bling during the performance.  Quite a venue of star performers on this evening's program, Kiri Te Kanawa, Madonna, Prince and several other surprises. Sit back, dim the lights, and let the evening at "Le Voltage" light up your mind and your hearts.  Fireworks to follow the show in the formal gardens along with refreshments.
r.s.v.p with a comment for me.

18 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm first in line!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

I'm right behind dianne.

pve design said...

dianne-
what a line-up! I will be looking for you "on line!"
pve

enc-
oh, I think I spotted you, is that you in that stapled number with silver shoes? You look divine!
pve

CC said...

Can't wait.....I must go get ready for this grand soiree! Dress, heels, and bling await!

**Kiss, Kiss**

Voyez-vous plus tard!!! ;)

ArchitectDesign™ said...

oo i'm in line! kiri AND madonna -thats my kind of ticket!! I can do without the sunglasses though -not my style ;-) I'll sell mine and donate the rest to charity :-) I'm the one in the deep midnight blue tux with diamond cufflinks and white tie!

Fifi Flowers said...

WOW... you've got some connections... thanks for putting together such fantastic talent and goodie bags... what a treat! I guess we will have to imagine and all the rest of the SURPRISES! Oh such FUN!

Tara said...

My cell phone's off and I am waiting for the pizzazz!
:0)
Tara

P>S> HAve an award for you over at my blog, please stop in!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Perfect! I love it! Maybe I'll spring for my first Oscar.

Unknown said...

i hope i make it past the doorman- i hear the dress code is rather strict!

thanks for playing!

pve design said...

maison 21,
"Is that you I see being frisked by the security guards....let me come to the rescue and tell them it is ok to bring your pet, mon cher!"
pve

please sir said...

Oh how lovely - I'm so there!

katiedid said...

A grander event has never been seen! I would never miss it. ;)

Unknown said...

This looks like a party not to be missed! Loving everything from the chandelier on down...and the music sounds divine!

Erin Gates said...

LOVE the sunglasses. Yes, please.

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

Sounds fantastic! The gift bag sounds lovely and I'll for sure wear that fancy gold dress :) Great blog, by the way!

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Dim the lights? No way. Not with this crowd on display in that venue! Please feel free to admire the hand of my suit cloth as I crowd surf.

la la Lovely said...

Now this is something I would love to attend! I'll be there with something shimmery on!

Topsy Turvy said...

Oooh, everyone looks fabulous! Even that chandelier looks good!