Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the perfect ride


image of Audrey Hepburn
Summer is a fantastic time to go for a bike ride.  Audrey Hepburn has always been a favorite of
mine.  She makes riding a bike look chic and fun.  Her little friend certainly adds an allure to the photo.  I can't but help of think of Dorothy and the witch riding her bike with Toto too, "I'll get you my little pretty."

I could not resist taking this photo of this illustration while in Paris.  This was hanging in front of the Library.  Parisians ride bikes to get around and they always manage to look well turned out, sporting suits, dresses and often a basket or bag is in tow with a baguette of french bread.
Now that is what I call the "perfect accessory."

So to the drawing board I go inspired by these ladies and their jaunty bike rides.
For my elegant ride, I will pick this chic ride from Venilover.  That leather seat reminds me a a stunning saddle.  I quite like the "horn" to honk!   All I need is a basket and a little pup for my perfect ride.


14 comments:

CC said...

Tres chic!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Thats such a cute little yorkshire terrier! I love vintage bikes - my mom has her mother's old turqouise bike from the early 50s - it's really a beautiful machine!

Melissa Lewis said...

Audrey Hepburn is the epitome of chic! Love this photo of her and the cute pup!

That could so be one your illustrations hanging in that window!!!!

heidi said...

oh Audrey. *sigh*. Go watch Breakfast at Tiffany's" and LOOK at those outfits!!!!!

pve design said...

stefan-
love to see a photo of your mom's turqouise bike!

melissa-
love to see one of my illustrations like that!
especially in front of a "library!"

heidi-
own the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's! Love the outfits and the accents and that her Cat is called "Cat!"

simply seleta said...

I'm convinced that Audrey Hepburn could never look anything less than chic in any situation. Seriously.

Love bikes. We ride ours daily.

Can't wait to see some of your illustrations of bikes.

Marnie said...

oh my gosh - i had the exact picture of Audrey H in my blog fodder folder waiting for a post - you beat me to it - bikes are everywhere this summer - old and young people riding all over town-

Mrs.French said...

Oh please tell me where to get a bicycle just like that one? I looked online and could find nothing?

la la Lovely said...

Oh, I wish I could ride a bike everywhere like they do in Paris but everything is so spread out. I'd like a vintage bike in a fun color, that would be perfect!

Elizabeth said...

You have such refined taste!

I love the image of AH on the bike, and the dog is so sweet!

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh I so LOVE Audrey. She is my idol and I always say before I choose stock for my store, "would Audrey like it?" I can't wait to see your creation inspired by these images. A-M xx

Fifi Flowers said...

love bikes with baskets... love these photos... I have been working on a series of bike paintings... I posted three today!

annechovie said...

Patricia~
You have inspired me to take a bike ride soon - it's been a while!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Well, as you know, I'm on a bit of a roll myself (har har) so I can't wait to see your bike illustrations!!